Friday, April 19, 2024

RIP Daniel Dennett.


From my future self in 9/18/24.


The only remaining good one of the "Four Horsemen".
And he's gone, so so fucking much for horsemen.

Hitchens mongered "The War On Terror".
Which I also fell for, but his endorsement didn't fucking help.
And now he's gone.

Sam Harris is a bigot piece of shit.

Richard Dawkins is a bigot piece of shit.
In fact, he's gotten worse since I last posted about him!
He and JK Rowling are mis-gendering a cis woman for fuck's sakes!!
Non-conforming cis women are always next.
Always. It never stops at passive transphobia.
And it always starts with "just asking questions" and gets worse.
I've had an ex-friend go full Nazi that way, another go full-on conspiracy bonkers that way, and another (a Brit) go Brexit and "Hunters laptop" that way.
And I know two other idiots who are "just asking questions" concern-TERFs who are a strong breeze away from going ugly.
And all of these idiots before "Grima Wormtongue" came at me with his bullshit, and helped ruin two other friendships.
So, to say I'm sick of this alt-right bigot merry-go-round is an understatement.

I've scrubbed all traces of Grima from my life. He's dead to me.

So yeah, fuck the horseman shtick.
Dan Dennett was smart to quietly and deftly drift away from that whole thing.

I don't know why I didn't cover Dan's death in April when it happened.
May is when the whole TERF clusterfuck erupted on my social media, so that jackassery waylaid me.

Dunno what was going on in April.
I guess there were warning signs.
Grima was getting on me at every turn for defending "woke" 
And/or not calling TERFs "gender critical" or "people with legitimate concerns" or whatever.
So, it was brewing.
Probably what subliminally egged me on to do my "Craft Legacy" review.

Anyway, Dennett didn't get sucked up into all that.
Indeed, again, he walked away from the horsemen club.
That proves he was the brilliant one.

Dawkins stole everything from Dennett, Darwin, and Bertrand Russell, anyway.
He was just a content repackager.
He was Dennett's pitbull.
Dennett didn't need a pitbull. At least not Dawkins, anyway.

Took a lot of painful hindsight to see all this though.

So, yeah, full Arnold Rimmer super-salute to the one horseman worth a damn.



No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels