Tuesday, April 30, 2024

The Craft: Legacy (2020)


Okay, there are other things I'd rather talk about than this, but I need to reference this to do so, but everyone doesn't know the backstory to get the references, so bear with me as we take this side-trip.


Quite simply, it's the inferior sequel to "The Craft".
The 90's goth-witch movie with Fairuza Balk as the lead baddie-witch.

Okay! That's got it! Post over!
Hahhhaa! Nope! Get the fuck back here!

Short version of the plot: a new coven of tweenage girls do all the same shit as the last batch of girls.
But watered down, and not scary.
One of them is secretly Fairuza's daughter.

It's not great, but it's not Razzie award bad.
What it definitely is, is wik-wak-wikkety woke.

One of the girls is a trans.
The romantic interest of the lead girl comes out as bi.
The villain is a patriarchal douche nozzle played by David Duchovny who spouts shit straight from the libertarian you argue with on Twitter.

I've no problem with that; I'm liberal is fuck, and I don't think "woke" is a real thing.
Just another invented swear word for the right to throw at anything more tolerant than a battle axe to the face.

But by the standards of the other movies these knuckle-dragging chucklefucks go after, it's woke as fuck, yeah.

But the point I'm going after, is they DON'T go after this one.
Why?
Because it's a little fish.
It cost lunch money to make, and made back double the lunch money.
If "woke" was really a thing these "culture warriors" gave a fuck about, they'd go after every single "woke" movie.
But they don't. They strategically pick the big fish.
Like the upcoming Snow White reboot, because new-Snow-White has a drop of Spanish in her, and white nationalist can't have that.

I have a libertarian douche nozzle who I argue with on social media, and I revel in taunting him with this movie.
If I ever snap, and turn into Jigsaw, this movie will be his torture.

I watch it almost every time it's on, and imagine his suffering.
It's delightful.

Another thing they're hypocrites about is the actors they go after.
Now, since "Captain Marvel" is one of their hate-boners, they've obsessed on Brie Larson.
Probably doesn't help she said a feminism once.
Fuck them. Die angry. Pigs.

BUT!! If every actress who did a "woke" movie, and said a feminism is the enemy, then the cast of this movie should be forbidden, right?

Well, guess what? Cailee Spaeny, the star of this one, is going to be the Ripley stand-in for "Alien Romulus".
Think the CHUDs will picket-line that shit?
Fuck no.
Frankly, I think they already go to bed at night with a Brie Larson waifu pillow, so don't get me started on the low regard I hold their intellectual integrity.

Okay! Side-trip over!
Now on to "Alien: Romulus".


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels