Friday, April 23, 2021

Cats & chickens, Part 6. Final Wembley & Digby stories.


I miss these little goofballs.




Wembley Meggison: Cow Cat.

November 17, 2013

Well, I'll be damned, the breed of cat Wembley is actually is a cow cat. We've been nicknaming him that, but he actually is! Hmm, Wembley is a cow cat, and Digby was a tuxedo cat...definitely multiple dads in that batch. (Baby talk voice to Wembly) aww, you're a sonofawhore! Yes you are! Yes you are! You're a sonofawhore!

And Alexandra's reply...

Not necessarily. 
"Cow" and "tuxedo" aren't breeds, just coloration types of domestic shorthairs, and simple Mendelian genetics accounts for variation within a litter, no hanky-panky necessary.
Sorry! 😉


Digby: IT professional.

September 3, 2012

Thank you, Digby for accidentally fixing my internet connection. 
You're always trying to "help", and this time, by golly, you actually did!


Wembley meets Hyacinth.

August 16, 2018

Wembley's reaction to Dad bringing Hyacinth the chicken into the house. 
"Whoa, hey, look pal, I don't want any trouble, take it easy, AAAA!!!". 
*runs*


Wembley's finger knives.

August 16, 2015

If I had little curved knives that popped out of my fingers, and I just randomly walked up to all of you in turn, jamming them into your side, one of you would eventually punch me across the room, right? 
So why am I petting Wembley on the belly for it? 
The little asshole.


Wembley & Ozzy.

August 27, 2014

So, Wembley likes Ozzy, hates Elvis. 
I knew I liked this cat.


Wembley: cellar shitter.

September 6, 2018

(Me to Wembley just now) 
Aw, did daddy shut you down in the cellar again? 
Did you shit in the cellar to punish him? 
Cuz I woulda.


Wembley can haz cheeseburger.

September 18, 2015

Well, I've been converted from a cynic to a believer. 
I always thought cats being made to say "I can haz cheeseburger?", was nonsense bullshit, but tonight Wembley took a 'nom off Ma's goddamned cheeseburger. 
I shit you not.


Wembley the puppy.

September 27, 2018

Jesus Herbert Christ, Wembley is like a dog. 
Every time I leave the house, he thinks I'm gonna die, and when I come home, I have to spend 15 minutes calming him the fuck down.


Spitty Wembley.

September 28, 2012

No, Wembley, you're all spitty, *shakes drenched hand* no..no...g'wan, get outta here, blaugh!


Wembley vs TV Guide.

October 16, 2014
 
*Hears tearing sounds* what's that? 
*Sees Wembley ripping a book apart* 
What are you doing?? 
*Sees it's just the TV Guide from when "The Phantom Menace", came out that I thought would be a collector's item* 
Oh, okay, knock yourself out.


Wembley's Arnold noises.

November 25, 2014

If you lowered his voice pitch, Wembley's arghs and gargles would sound like Schwarzenegger grunts.


Wembley: yin-yang cat.

November 26, 2013

There are probably things that are cuter than a big fat cow-cat curled into a ball that looks exactly like a yin-yang, and snoring like a little chipmunk buzzsaw, but there can't be many of them.


Penguin Wembley.

November 28, 2012

Wembley has packed on enough winter fat to be squishy now. 
It's like picking up a penguin, or a pug.


Itching kitties.

November 24, 2012

Never any gratitude from kitties. 
Y'know when they kick themselves in the face to scratch an itch? 
Try itching their face for them with your fingers. 
They look at you like "my itch is gone! ...you son of a bitch!".


Drool kitty (pretty sure it was Wembley).

December 4, 2012

Anyone ever have a cat who gets a little suspended droplet of drool dancing on his chin hair when he's really, really happy? 
Or, is it just my little freak?


Fancy Feast broth.

January 21, 2018

Dammit, Fancy Feast just discontinued their foil packet of soup with the anchovy heads. 
That was Wembly's favorite thing in the whole wide world. 
Well....I can loot all the Wal-Marts around here, and Amazon has some, that'll buy the little fella some time before he gets his little heart broken. 
*Sigh* I know, first world problems, still...

We were able to get them for him right up until the end.
Dad donated the last of his cat food to a shelter, I think.
That included the kitty-soups.


Wembley's sleep noise.

January 22, 2015

Wembley sounds like sad Artoo-Detoo when he talks in his sleep.

And the update...

January 22, 2020

*Smiles with a tinge of melancholy*


Wembley the mouser.

February 14, 2016

Wembley killed his first mouse. 
Bit it on the neck, then left the carcass by the trash. 
Good boy.


Digby puked on the stereo part 1.

February 11, 2013

So, cat puked all over the stereo, and destroyed my headphones.
There's one less thing I can escape into in this shit weather.
Thanks, Digby, ya fuck.


Digby puked on the stereo part 2. 

February 20, 2013

Psychology doesn't work on cats. 
I explained to Digby very calmly, but emphatically, if he vomited on my stereo again, I'd stuff him into the medium meatloaf dish, and bake him at 350 for 20 minutes. 
I emphasized this point by jabbing at his forehead with my index finger. 
He just wanted to smell the finger. 
I think our little talk was as pointless, as it was one sided.


Digby was on his way out, and we didn't know it.

September 18, 2013

So, Digby has a urinary tract blockage, and needs a 500 dollar operation, and if it doesn't work, he'll get put down. 
Gosh, what a fun day this is....

And the addendum...

He died. 🙁


Digby died.

September 18, 2013

Digby Meggison 2008-2013. 🙁

And the addenda....

Sucks every damned time. 
Never gets easier.

Wembly's being cute, and that's making me bawl harder. 
Poor little bastard doesn't know, and can't possibly.

Whelp, past the heartbroken sobbing, and am in numb mode now. 
Maybe I can use this as a window to get some work done....

Nope, I was wrong, this is gonna take awhile...


Digby gone a week.

September 25, 2013

Damn, been a week already since Digby passed. 
Still don't feel real.


Digby gone three weeks.

October 9, 2013

Three weeks its been since Digby passed. 
Feeling back to normal now. 
Wembley figured out the new normal by DAY three. 
I think he's actually forgetting. 
Not a lot of room for long term memories in that tiny brain. 
I think he kind of remembers. 
Cat memories are foggy, and full of holes, but they're in there. 
He remembers things they did together, like wrestle every night at midnight, and thus wrestles...himself. 
He's got left over insecurities about competing for the food dishes. 
He'll catch his brother's scent in places, and have a contemplative look about him. 
Other than little moments like that, he seems to think he was always the only cat. 
Poor little goof. 
Maybe it's for the best.


Wembley died.

November 27, 2019

Wembley died. 
Bad heart. 
He crashed all at once. 
Yowling, acting weak, pooping himself, he faded out as we rushed him to the vet. 
It was too late. 
Nothing they could have done. 
Fuck. 
Happy fucking thanksgiving, huh?

The addendum...

He'd been losing weight, and he didn't do his thing of getting frisky at night, and running up and down the hall, and he'd been guzzling water, and peeing a lot. 
There were signs, but we didn't know how to read 'em. 
Wouldn't have mattered anyway. 
We just would have had longer to cry.

And the update...

November 27, 2020

Aw, damn, that year flew by. 🙁



No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels