Saturday, September 9, 2017

Big Winter Movies Part 3. (Part 1).


Previously..

And for Big Winter Movies part 3...

Part 0 (GB101:EATC)


And IT's......


IT (2017)


Previously from Stephen King...

Rundown...
  • Now THAT's more like it!!!! That's how you do a fuckin Stephen King adaptation!!
  • More faithful to the book than the 90's miniseries, but some changes still had to be made to make it different from the miniseries.
  • Biggest change, they changed the time periods from 50's-80's to 80's-10's. But we won't see 10's 'til Chapter 2. And yes, they set up at the end this is Chapter 1.
  • There's no way this won't be a big enough hit to justify Chapter 2.
  • Bill Skarsgard is an incredible Pennywise. You could totally see him in real life as a real party clown before he lets the fangs out.
  • There's a little Easter-egg towards Tim Curry Pennywise you might have even seen in the trailers.
  • The kids are all pitch perfect. As good as the "Stand By Me", cast was in their day.
  • The girl who plays Beverly *has to Google* Sophia Lillis, is going to be a movie star. Mark my words.
  • This is going to be a classic King film next to "Stand By Me", "Pet Sematary", "Carrie", and "The Shining". It's right up there. That good.
  • In case you can't tell, I loved the ever-living shit out of it.
  • It's R rated horror, but it's also a kid's coming of age movie, and kids should break the rules, and see it. Like we did with "Stand By Me", and "Creepshow".
  • I'm pretty much 98% scare-proof when it comes to movies, and this gave me the willies in spots, so if you're normal, this will scare the high-holy shit out of you.
  • If this isn't a monster hit, I'll eat my socks. *Shrugs* I'm not a hat person.
  • Hmm, I think this goes on my "movies that made me high", list.
  • It took 31 years from the book, but this was exactly the movie I wanted when I read the book.
  • Every actor in Hollywood is going to be scrambling to play the adult versions of the kids.
  • AndrĂ©s Muschietti can pretty much name his ticket now. Even though his name doesn't trip off the tongue, everyone's going to at least know him as "the guy who directed 'IT'".
  • Wish I could time warp, and be watching Chapter 2.

Um, yeah, go fucking see it.
Multiple times.
It's wonderful.

Nothing left to say....except fucking wow!


Next time, Thor Ragnarok!!!


6 comments:

B. D. said...

do you agree with this, just out of curiosity?

http://mb.boardhost.com/babble/msg/1505041087.html

Diacanu said...


It is worrisome.
Kathleen Kennedy is shielded by success right now.
She's two-for-two in good Star Wars movies in the billion dollar club, but we have to see how Last Jedi and Han Solo land.

B. D. said...

LOL, they're picking Abrams again!! Hahahah!!!! I mean, it's weird to feel this way because I don't actually dislike any of his movies--even "Into Darkness"--but it does feel sort of wrong doesn't it?

Diacanu said...



Oh, shit! I just finally remembered!

XTC's "Dear God", plays in IT!!

B. D. said...

Aren't you glad I showed it to you BEFORE you saw the movie?

Here, here's another mean old atheist tune:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8t6IVutvHM

And here's the song that's playing when Clarice is looking for the girl in the pit in "Silence Of The Lambs." No not the Q Lazzarus song when Buffalo Bill is doing his mangina dance but a post punk classic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip_r4y-23JM

Diacanu said...

"Aren't you glad I showed it to you BEFORE you saw the movie?"

Yes indeedy!!

*Thumbs up to the other two*

Blog Archive

Labels