Friday, August 4, 2017

The big summer movie recap. Part 5.






There they are, arranged in order of goodness as is the tradition now.

We had a couple things bomb, like Ghost In The Shell, Valerian, and The Mummy, but overall, a pretty damned good summer.
Better than last year.
Last year had critics bawling like it was the fucking end times.

And superhero season isn't over with until winter, and if we start with Logan, and end with "Thor Ragnarok", and "Justice League", and if they live up to the trailers, this just might be the best year for superhero movies....EVER.

Until "Infinity War", finally rolls out.

Anyhoozles....

Series recap.

Now, the movies...

1. Wonder Woman.

If I had it to do over, I think I would have seen this more times instead of 4-7 at all.
They weren't bad films, I enjoyed them, but more trips to this one would have made me happier, I think.

2. Spider-Man: Homecoming.

Could've seen this one at least twice too.

3. Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2.

Ditto.

4. Baby Driver.

Best of the non-superhero ones.
I guess I need to balance my diet out sometime, don't I?

5. The Dark Tower.

Given that the last King-based theatrical release was the shitty Carrie remake, hands down the best King adaption to the theater in decades.
I expect better from "IT", though.

6. Atomic Blonde.

Can never have enough of Charlize Theron killing people.
Hurry up with that Furiosa prequel!

7. Alien: Covenant.

...and then this one plunges down to fucking number 15.

Clever boy, Ridley, you not only gave the finger to pricks that hated and were unfair to Prometheus, you gave the other finger to guys like me that liked and defended Prometheus.

Let's see you finance the next one now, wise-ass.
See how that goes.
Should be interesting.


And, that was the summer of 2017.
Another one for the books.

Coming this winter, the aforementioned Thor Ragnarok, and Justice League, as well as IT, and Star Wars: The Last Jedi.

Coming next year, Black Panther, Infinity War, Ant-Man and The Wasp, Aquaman, Young Han Solo, Deadpool 2, Incredibles 2, Ready Player One, Wreck It Ralph 2, A Wrinkle In Time, Rampage, and others that I'm currently not taking seriously, but might surprise me anyway.


So, stay tuned, and see you again in September for IT!


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels