Thursday, November 12, 2009

Ho boy...

The last post got me thinking about all the fearpolitik since...fuck, 9/11 really.

I ranted my rant on the teabaggers, a couple actually, and how the militia nuts and fascoids inevitably have blended into their midst.
Batshit yahoos always do.


During the Bush years, The Left had Ward Churchill.
But, thankfully, most people knew he was batshit.
People are generally good like that.

He coined the term "little Eichman's", that got beaten to death in a South Park episode, case you needed a memory jog.

And the bullshit swings back and forth ideologically.

And I try, I try really hard to keep my anger both in check, and aimed at the right people.
Ahem...

I really get frustrated, I admit, but...I have to keep reminding myself, yes, nasty people exploit these events, exploit people's fears and prejudices, but, a lot of these people, misguided as they are, mean well.
They've just been sold a bill of goods.

I ranted long and hard before about how Americans keep getting sold this big fat bill of goods.

And they keep fucking falling for it, and I try not to get angry at them for falling for it.

Now, I'm no expert on health care, I've stayed out of this whole mess as best I could, I know from personal experience the current system is a mess, but I have my skepticism about other systems, but....it just speaks volumes to me that the side of the status quo is employing such bullshit, dishonest, cynical, shit-stirring, astro-turf, fear-mongering tactics.

It's all very frustrating to see my country be susceptible to crap like this.

It's hard not be angry, it's hard not hate people rather than their behaviors, and it's hard not to lose hope.

But, a small core of genuine mean-minded sociopaths excepted, most of these people are victims themselves.

Not of what they think they are, but victims nonetheless.

And that applies to a lot of things.

Lotta bullshit, and not everyone is expert at navigating it all.

Gotta try to forgive people for that.
I struggle with that, I admit.

Sometimes I succeed, sometimes I don't.
Keep that in mind when I'm railing away, and tilting at windmills, folks.
It'll save a lot of indignation.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels