Wednesday, March 20, 2024

DCEU completion, and MCU catch up.


There!! Finally!!
Another case of everything on Earth seeming to prevent me from getting these.
But! I got 'em! So, here we go!


Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom (2023)


Previously-

I tried to see this in the theater. I really, really, tried.
Bad weather, and family health just kept road-blocking me, and when I could finally arrange it, I missed it by a day.
And having seen it now, I really would have enjoyed it in the theater.
Rats.

Anyway! Yeah! I really liked it! It's a lot of fun! 
All the reviews I saw, no one would talk about the movie, all they could do was rant about "this is the last entry of a universe that's coming to an end, why should we even care?".
Forget the fucking universe, and rate the movie, assholes.

For me, it's a fun goofy blast of a movie. Like the first one was.
A worthy sequel.
I was entertained.

If I had to boil it down "Water-Thor vs Evil Black Panther".
Its got that same zany energy of the Waititi Thors.
The first one tried for it, this one nailed it even better.
And yeah, Black Manta really is Evil T'Challa after allying himself with Lovecraft monsters.
That's not a slam. It works. If you like that style, here's more of it!

I even liked it a smidge better than Shazam 2, and I used to like that best of the post-Harely Quinn ones.
Yep, upper-mid-tier with Aquaman 1 and the Shazams, and Flash.
Glad I own it.
I think I'll redo the duology, see how it flows.

As for looking back at the Snyder-verse DCEU, and whether this is a proper conclusion to it, I'll do that in another post.


The Marvels (2023)



I enjoyed it more the second time around.

First time, I was fidgeting for that X-Men crossover.
This time, I let the movie be what it was.

A friend pointed out it has parallels to "Buckaroo Banzai" "Spaceballs" and "Gremlins".
Dammit, he's right!
No wonder it lives in that same fun zone as Aquaman, Waititi-Thor, Guardians, etc.
All of those tap that 80's life energy.

I had the same shit-eating grin on my face or both of these.

Yep, I'm a happy camper.
Now, DCEU is all over, and MCU is up to date until Deadpool & Wolverine.


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels