Thursday, March 28, 2024

Okay, let's address a couple DCEU controversies.


I danced around this shit in my reviews (specifically Flash, and Aquaman 2) because the art comes first.
But yeah, it's an elephant in the room, so let's finally go there.


So here it is.
Ezra Miller is a piece of shit who beats up women, and Amber Heard is an emotionally toxic wackadoodle who tried to frame Johnny Depp for physical abuse

But, her and Depp both came off as toxic and obnoxious in that trial, but Johnny didn't hit her.
And of course, we all saw the SNL skits and late night comedians do material on Heard shitting on the bed.

There was nothing they could do about Flash, but Aquaman had heavy reshoots to severely reduce Heard's role.

Way I look at it, if you hate Ezra, watch Flash anyway for Michael Keaton.
Once we finally get to Batman, it basically becomes his movie anyway.
And Supergirl's. Sasha Calle Supergirl is awesome.
Don't let Ezra Miller ruin any of that for you.

Plus Miller also plays a villain version of himself, and we get to see him die.
And if that isn't catharsis enough, his "good guy" self gets trapped in the George Cloony universe.
For all we know.
Just go ahead and assume it.
😉

And Mera in AM2 gets knocked around by Black Manta, so I guess you can put on your Grumpy Cat face, and go "good!".
But...then does that make you creepy?
I dunno.

I've long struggled with the whole "art vs artist" thing.

Bryan Singer has pedophile allegations; do I let that ruin the X-Men franchise for me?
How far down the rabbit hole of censorship do I have to go? Do I have to kiss Deadpool goodbye?

Stephen Collins is a proven confessed pedophile; do I let that ruin "Star Trek: The Motion Picture"?

Jeffrey Jones is a pedophile; do I let that ruin "Beetlejuice" "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" and "Howard The Duck"?

But!! Friends have all but called me a hypocrite for giving Woody Allen and Roman Polanski films a wide berth.
Are they right to do so? Probably.

I dunno, in their case, they're unapologetic, and have done everything to flaunt the law.
Like the left-wing's answer to Donald Trump.
That little cherry on top is the part that sticks in my craw.

Going way back, there's decent evidence Lewis Carroll was a pedo, and probably did things with Alice Liddell, the inspiration for Alice.

They made a TV movie in 1985 called "Dreamchild" that dangled hints of it, but didn't all the way "go there". Alice in that one pulls a Lisa Simpson, and keeps her mouth shut so as to not ruin the Alice books for people. 
Up to '85, most historians thought he kept his desires chaste, but its since come to light there's ripped out pages of Alice's mother's diary, and goodness knows what was in those, but it can't be great.

The Alice thing is made easy by time and the Reaper.
Everyone's dead.

Jumping back to the present though, JK Rowling is a trans-hating piece of shit, and I've had arguments with friends over how much if at all to take that out on Harry Potter, given she's still alive to suck money off the franchise.

It's easy for me, I'm not a Potter fanboy.
But for those who are fanboys/fangirls, it's probably as complicated for them as it is me and X-Men, or Star Trek, or Beetlejuice.

See why I didn't want to go down this rabbit hole in the reviews?
It's a fucking mess!

And that's just with actors, directors, and writers. The people up top.

Look at the thousands of motherfuckers in the credits of a giant tentpole movie.
By the laws of math, that bee-swarm of names must be crawling with perverts.
You literally couldn't watch any movie.

We get an "ignorance is bliss" shield with the low-level guys.
But it's there.
Like a tree falling in the woods.

Yeah, I thought I'd have answers by the time the paragraphs got this far down, but I got nothing for ya.

Every piece of art/entertainment, you have to make the best moral choices you can with the information you have at the time.
As with every other choice in life.
I guess that's the answer.

So, there, I've addressed it.
Feel free to comment.


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels