Sunday, March 10, 2024

Deadpool & Wolverine casting rumor.


This one could be a bunch of puzzle pieces glued together with wish thinking...but you never know.


Okay, the short version is, Mark Ruffalo as Banner/Hulk shows up, and fights Wolverine.

That's the "Hulk vs___" animated movie I picked for the art.
Deadpool is even in the Wolverine half, so..DvW would become a live-action remake.

The clues/speculation its pieced out of are this.

-Ruffalo said he was asked where he'd like to go with the Hulk character, and he said "Hulk vs Wolverine".
-Ruffalo and Ryan Reynolds worked together on "The Adam Project" and became good friends. They shared a scene with the Easter egg of them laying next to a storage container with a Hulk sticker and a Deadpool sticker on it.
-Reynolds has been working on a Wolverine team-up version of Deadpool 3 since Deadpool 2.
-Reynolds pumped "Free Guy" full of Marvel Easter eggs, and even got Chris Evans to participate.

It's not ironclad for sure, but it certainly points to Ruffalo and Reynolds have this idea in their heads, and that Reynolds loves to please fans with surprises, and can pull strings with Marvel producers and actors.

It may or may not happen, but don't rule it out.
I'm certainly putting it on the list.


3 comments:

B. D. said...

Whelpsir I guess Robert Downey Jr. finally got his Oscar before Johnny Depp did. That would've been my bet.
His speech was funny, too.
I mean, I wouldn't watch the Oscarcast all the way through at gunpoint, but I'm glad I watched his speech.

The 2008 found footage/fake-documentary film "Lake Mungo" is boring and overrated. Stupid Reddit threads calling it scariest movie ever, gimme a break.


B. D. said...

You remember that time we discussed "Go All The Way" by the Raspberries, from the 70s? The one that got used in movies and such, you said you'd heard it and I mentioned it was part of the first wave of "power pop" bands in the early to mid 70s (Big Star, Badfinger)?

Well, the lead singer for the Raspberries, Eric Carmen, just died. He was in his 70s.

And then I found he also sang "Hungry Eyes" from "Dirty Dancing." I'd gone my entire life without knowing that.

GOOD LORD.

Diacanu said...

I didn't watch the Oscars until best actor and best picture.
I generally know "Oppenheimer" walked away with almost everything.

The director of "The Haunting Of Hill House" openly says he stole the time travel twist from "Lake Mungo".
Yeah, I had both spoiled.
Doesn't seem like I'm missing much.

Hearing about Eric Carmen gave me a hankering to listen to "Hungry Eyes".
I could've sworn I had it in my MP3s of my scanned CD collection.
Holy shit, none of my 80's compilation albums had "Hungry Eyes".
How the fuck did that happen!?

Blog Archive

Labels