Saturday, October 15, 2022

"She-Hulk" review!

At. Fucking. LAST!! 



Previously with the phase 4 MCU shows...


The long-ass journey to this moment...


Three years, and three months it took!!
Kee-rist!!

First up, it's my favorite of the Marvel Disney+ shows.
Flat out.
Hands down.
Knew it would be.
Below is me predicting it....

Here's a refresher of what I said way back when it was announced.

SHE-HULK!!!!!

Shulkie!!!!

I've been pimping the need for her in the MCU forever.

She's Stan Lee's last Marvel character (Fantastic Four being the first), she's been a substitute member of Fantastic Four, and an Avenger, she broke the fourth wall before Deadpool, she's there for every big crossover event, she's best friends with Wasp and Invisible Woman, she's godmother to the Richards kids, and she's basically Marvel's Wonder Woman.
She's got to be there.
Her being absent is like...Spider-Man or Fantastic Four being absent.

It's about goddamned time.

She-Hulk and Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew incarnation) were my favorite Marvel female heroes as a kid, and now Shulkie gets a show, and Jessica Drew is going to be in the Spider-Gwen movie.
I'm VERY happy.

I'm vaguely familiar with Moon Knight, and I know the broad strokes of Ms. Marvel's story arc.

I can't wait for new fans to fall in love with all of these characters.
Especially She-Hulk.

It delivered on all of that like gangbusters.
And, you've all seen her, and loved her.
Was I right, or was I right?

I mean, applause for them pumping up Captain Marvel, but She-Hulk is the rightful Queen Of Marvel.
Now, let's get her in a fucking movie already, please?
Let's not wait for "Secret Wars" in 2050, or whenever.

All right, so here's the non-spoiler-y stuff I can talk about.

Tatiana is excellent, like I knew she would be.
BUT!! If you want to see her in something even better, check out "Orphan Black".
Much as I love Marvel, "Orphan Black" is even better, and Tatiana acts her brains out way more in that.
Seriously, it's even better than the Marvel Netflix shows.
Check it out.

The internet CHUDs are crying, and making them cry is always a plus.
They make fun of the CHUDs right in-show predicting every move they'd make.

She breaks the 4th wall like in the comics.
Literally kicking it down at one point.
I said it up there, Shulkie was Deadpool before Deadpool.

Now, spoilers...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

-Hulk!
-Abomination!
-Wong!
-Daredevil!
-Daredevil romance!
-Skaar (Hulk's son)!
-Wolverine reference (Easter egg in a website)!
-Eternals reference (also Easter egg)!
-4th wall break about the Ed Norton Hulk movie!
-Reality-break parody of the Bill Bixby Hulk show!!


Final show rankings...

-She-Hulk
-What If?
-Wanda
-Ms. Marvel
-Moon Knight
-Loki
-Hawkeye
-Falcon


Next up....nothing, really.
You want I should do "Werewolf By Night" maybe?
Okay, I'll  do that one.
Just to finish out phase 4.

Stay tuned!


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels