Thursday, July 30, 2020

Happy 45th birthday to myself!


I already took care of the present haul last week, so that's done.

No party this year cuz of covid 19.
Ditto 4th of July.

5 years away from 50 now.
Goddamn.
It creeps up on ya.

Here's today's doings pasted over from Facebook...

So, dad went to go play with his boat, so I decided to buy my own cake n' ice cream at the grocery store. 
Usually, I wake up, and it's waiting for me, but I hemmed and hawed about wanting one last night. 
I almost passed, I almost let it go, but I got craving a Friendly's ready-made sundae, so I convinced myself I had to go. 
Ugh, I hope next year covid-19 is over. 
I wore one of my cloth masks, and they're good, but my glasses fog up like a motherfucker, so I went into the store without them (my glasses), cuz at least myopia is SOME vision. 
I went to the bakery, and they had THE peanut butter cake. 
The one I lusted after since I was a kid, but they never had it on my birthday. 
So, I grabbed the fucker. 
Then...the Friendly's sundae's were gone. 
The whole ice cream section had been picked over pretty thoroughly. 
I did grab a half-gallon of Friendly's Reese's cup & Reese's pieces ice cream. 
Oh, and also, the Karens wouldn't stay away from me in the ice cream aisle like last time. 
Fuckin-a. 
Anyway, got home without incident. 
The cake....okay, but mediocre. 
What I always thought were Tagalongs (peanut butter Girl Scout cookies) stuck to it, were just deceptive frosting blobs. 
The peanut butter frosting...meh, I could do better myself just stirring Pillsbury vanilla frosting and JIF peanut butter together. 
Anyway, I've resolved that childhood fantasy. 
As with most fantasies, the reality didn't deliver. 
And the ice cream? 
Also meh. 
Should have got Chubby Hubby instead. 
Anyway, I'm full of cake n' ice cream, and probably won't have room for supper. 
Phew! Ooof!

Oh, forgot to mention, my mask smothered me, and I totally died. But, I'm a solid ghost that eats cake and ice cream, and American Chop Suey. So, no difference.


Oh, and I'm working on a story that I'm genuinely enjoying, and doesn't feel like work, and if it pans out, I might build my long-delayed novel out of this spinoff universe that's growing from it.

So, yeah, aside from the global plague, and the Nazi president, I'm feeling pretty good about life.


Previous years.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels