Monday, July 27, 2020

Cats & chickens, Part 3.


Another two-parter to empty out!


Wembley's enemy!

May 26, 2017

We've got this neighbor cat who comes over, and hangs out in the back yard. He's a yellow tabby with a white bib and boots, long and skinny, long skinny face, big nose, little eyes proportionate to his head (for a cat). Beautiful, and sweetly behaved. And Wembley hates his everliving guts. 🤣

And the update...

May 26, 2020

Oh yeah! Wembley's enemy! I forgot this little guy! He hasn't come around in a couple years.


Wembley's belly.

June 24, 2015

Ebony and ivory live together on my cat's fat belly.


Ant murder, and animal rights (Wembly is mentioned)

June 10, 2014

So, a couple hours so ago, I murdered an ant. 
Big bastard. 
About a couple jellybeans in length. 
Bludgeoned him with the butt end of my Blu-ray remote. 
His guts resembled banana pudding. 
He writhed in agony for about 30 seconds before I could get a paper towel to finish him off properly with a good fist crush. 
I won't see the inside of a cell, or even a courtroom, because ants don't have rights. 
PETA would see a reversal of this order. 
So, naturally, I oppose them. 
If ants were tastier, Wembly would have committed the murder for me. 
Now, if PETA thinks Wembly deserves rights, shouldn't he also go to jail for his crimes? 
Don't rights come with responsibilities? 
I don't think PETA has really thought all this through. 
Come to think of it, I don't think our whole species has. 
We might have to stare into the abyss that all rights are make-believe.


Wembley's stories.

July 9, 2018

Sometimes, Wembley will look up at you, and with his sad Artoo-Detoo voice, tell you the saddest story in the world. 
He tells it very well, wish I could understand him. 
Nonetheless, here's my approximation, based on his tone, body language, and what I know of him as a person. 
"Once upon a time, my owner didn't give me my soup, pat me, or look at my butthole. Then, the next day, meteors fell from the sky, and all the babies of the world died. So..yeah...think of that".

And the update...

July 9, 2020

*Sigh* I miss those little stories.


Wembley's voice.

July 18, 2013

Wembly sounds exactly like Debi Derryberry (Jimmy Neutron) doing her cat voice. 
So, either Debi Derryberry does a dead-on cat, or Wembly is doing a dead-on Debi Derryberry. 
Either way, it's eerie.


Merahu.

July 14, 2016

Anyone with a cat to English dictionary care to tell me what the hell "merahu", means?


Carrying cats.

July 20, 2018

Newbie tip from a lifelong cat owner. Carry them on your hip like a toddler, not back down legs up like a human baby. They're baby sized, so it's tempting, but they HATE it.  They hate being carried period, but they tolerate hip-mounted a little longer for some reason.


Flea baths.

July 24, 2011

Wembly and Digby just had their weekly flea baths. 
Wembly is such a fucking crybaby.


Kitty fears.

July 25, 2013

Good thing you startled, and spazzed out at the sound of my chair scraping, kitties. I really was going to kill you. That split second saved your lives. It always does! I'm always plotting to kill you. Stay on edge forever.

And the update...

July 25, 2019

Wembley has gone from thinking I'm always going to kill him, to thinking every time I leave the house, I'm dead. 
Basically, he's become a dog.


Trouble creeping up for Digby. :(

June 12, 2013

It's always something. Poor Digby's got a kidney stone. 
He keeps trying to pee, and nothing comes out, and he washes his peepee in pain. 
Gonna have to take him to the vet tomorrow. 
Poor little bastid. 
I know how he feels.

Wasn't long after, we lost him. :-(


Wembley starts to get sick.

June 13, 2019

We're worried Wembley might have the diabeetus. He drinks a lot, and pees a lot, and he throws up in the hallway at least once a week if not twice. He's old and fat. He's in the risk zone. 🙁

And the update...

June 13, 2020

Nope...it was his ticker. Vet could've told us, but dad hates paying for the vet, so...

Yep. Now for future reference, we know what a cat heart attack looks like.
It's quite awful.


I saved the chickens.

May 30, 2018

Had to plug the heat lamp in to save the chickens. Dad and these chickens is like a 6 year old with a hamster. I'm kind of disgusted.

And the update..

May 30, 2019

And now one of them is goddamned dead, and another mutilated due to his lack of supervision.

And the other update..

May 30, 2020

Damn, weird to ponder that this time 2 years ago was cold enough to kill the chickens, and today I had to run the AC full tilt. Maine's weather sure is a mess.


Daisy's doomed!

May 20, 2020

I have a sinking feeling our chickens are doomed. 
Daisy is wobbling around, and acting dizzy, and falls down. 
I Googled the symptoms, and the best thing it can be is a fungal infection, the worst it can be is a virus called Marek's disease. 
If it's that one, Daisy's doomed. 
By the time symptoms exhibit, it's too late. 
Dad's eliminated the possibility of a fungal infection from the food, so...it's probably that one. 
The virus is highly infectious, so the others probably have it. 
They need to be vaccinated so they don't die too, but dad is a tight-wad with anything to do with vets. So, if it's Marek's, which it very probably is, the poor bitches are done for. 
This is gonna be fucking horrible.


Daisy's not doomed!

June 3, 2020

Oh, keep forgetting to mention, Daisy's still ticking. 
Whatever was making her toss her head back and fall down went away. 
I think it was mold in her food. 
I think dad lied to my face about taking proper hygiene precautions, and quietly cleaned the feeder out. 
Whatever, as long as she's all right.


And that's all the Wembly, Digby, & chickens ones.

Up next, new Clovis stories.


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels