Monday, July 30, 2018

Happy 43rd birthday to myself!


There!! Properly got it on the right day this time.

Saturday was my party, and it was....eeennhhh....
I'll be honest, I didn't get to enjoy it, because I busted my ass the whole time.
Kinda ruined it for me.
The rotten humid heat didn't help either.
So, pppttt!!
Kept playing "it's my party, and I'll cry if I want to", in my head.
Ah, well, the kids had a good time, that's all I care about.

But, today's my real birthday, so I'll try to have the fun today.

Let's just do the birthday haul.


Ghostbusters: 
Displaced Aggression (2010)


Talked about it a bunch here.

If Rachel Unglighter is being canonized by "Crossing Over", then this is the prequel to "Crossing Over".
I loved the story before, but now it's part of lore, so I needed the hard copy.


Ghostbusters: Mass Hysteria! (2014)


Broken up into 2 volumes.
I stitched the covers together, so you can appreciate the mural.

This came out for the 30th anniversary of the first movie, and it's the movie sequel we should have gotten.

Overall gist is, Gozer's sister Tiamat shows up to mess with the Ghostbusters.
Tiamat actually hates Gozer, and doesn't mind that they destroyed him, but humans suddenly having the tech to be able to fight a demigod has her curious.

It's a fan feast.
They tie in both movies, the '09 video game, the cartoons, the toys, all of it.
All of it up to that point, anyway.

There's a deleted scene in GB2 with Eugene Levy as Louis's uncle, and that character pops up, becoming retroactively canon.

And in GB1, they tried to get Paul (Pee-Wee) Reubens to play Gozer, and we get the Evil-Pee-Wee version of Gozer in this as retroactively canon.

It's chock full of deep cuts like that.
Damned good book!!

Anyhoo, Tiamat has been revealed as the puppet-master villain  in "Crossing Over", so I needed these as prequels too.

Hmm, biologically, Rachel Unglighter is half-sister to Gozer and Tiamat, so Rachel is probably gonna fight Tiamat.
*Rubs hands* oooohhh, this is gonna be good!!


Ghostbusters:
Answer The Call:
What Dreams May Come
(2017-2018)


Talked it to death here.
Got the hard copy now.

So, I'm all up on my Ghostbusters books until the graphic novels of "Crossing Over", (another 2 volume one) drop next year.


30 Years Of Garbage:
The Garbage Pail Kids Story (2018)


This is on order, but I have no idea if or when its coming.
I'll update.


So, that's it.
I'm a man of simple pleasures, as long as I got to shoot the shit about Ghostbusters for a little while, I feel better about things.

I'll probably go movie shopping with card money sometime this week or next, so there'll be a part 2 to this.
*Sigh* I was chore-monkey-ing so much, I didn't even get to open cards, and thank people.
Goddamn it.
I look like an asshole.
Now I'm melancholy again.
Fucking life.

Well, at least I am alive.
Heard about a guy I went to school with overdosing yesterday.
I mean, he overdosed awhile ago, but I heard about it yesterday.
I didn't like him, so I'm not sad.
Every dickhead I outlive is a good thing.

Funny thing, at one point, he was on the stage of his rehab where he had to make amends, and he apologized to our fucking bus driver.
The bus driver???
You go far enough back for the bus driver, and not to me???
Fuck you, pal.
Good riddance.

Well, that's a dark way to get myself laughing again, but damned if it didn't work.

Yep, I'm alive, a jerk is dead, and I've got more Marvel movies and Ghostbusters books on the way.
It's a good day.
A goddamned good birthday.
Hooray for me.

*Smirks, nods, kicks up feet*


7 comments:

Sharon said...

😂

Happy birthday, old guy. ;)

Don’t ever change, man. You are one of the very best, smartest and funniest people on the innernets.

Diacanu said...


Aw, shucks. :)

B. D. said...

Happy birthday. A guy I didn't like in junior high got blown to bits in Iraq by stepping on a land mine and I sorta felt bad about it actually. But if this guy apologized to the bus driver and not to you then that doesn't make sense. Eghn, do what you want.

M:I Fallout is pretty good, although also very straining in terms of credibility. Uh, see it if you want, I'm still more excited about "Hereditary."

Diacanu said...


BD-
Was your guy an animal abusing Nazi-larvae?
Mine was.

Y'know, I haven't followed the MI franchise at all.
I do remember when the first one came out, my cousins were kids, and now they're all grown.
So Tom Cruise has been doing these awhile.

B. D. said...

I never got into any physical confrontations with this guy, he just smarmily glommed onto me in 7th grade shitty art class and made lots of smarmy cutting remarks like "Your parents should have been shot just for having you!" He really hated me for no reason at all. Picture (in both appearance and attitude) a guy who is Bender from "The Breakfast Club" only not witty at all and just annoying and you've got the guy. But I still felt sort of bad when he got blown up in Iraq, and on top of everything else the Fred Phelps (Westboro Baptist Church) people showed up to protest his funeral. He wasn't a Nazi and was kind to animals though and there's people I hated back then ten times worse.

22 years of M:I, this year. Somehow Cruise keeps eluding death while doing these stunts, too. High thetan count!!!

Diacanu said...


Update part 1.

https://dickynoo.blogspot.com/2018/08/43rd-birthday-loot-update-part-1.html

Diacanu said...



Sorry about the dead guy stuff, that wasn't cool.

http://dickynoo.blogspot.com/2018/11/another-update-on-old-post.html

Blog Archive

Labels