Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Birthday loot 2020.


Birthday's a week and a day from today, and my stuff came, so let's just do this...


Swiss army pocket knife.
(Keychain size)


From Facebook, from yesterday....

7/21/20

Early birthday present. 
Finally replaced my mini Swiss Army pocket knife. 
I found my old one in a parking lot back in the 90's as an assistant groundskeeper. 
Didn't have any way to get it back to its owner, so I just took it. 
Had it for just about 30 years. 
From 3 decades of wear and tear, the hinges were fucked up, the plastic shell was crumbling apart, and the spring-load on the scissors broke ages ago. 
Now I've got a fresh one. 
All the blades pop right open. 
No stuck ones, no floaty ones. 
And it's transparent green instead of solid black. 
So you can see the tweezers and toothpick inside. 
It's something I'll always use. 
I always need to open a package, or envelope, or need a little screwdriver. 
Hey! I can finally use the toothpick! 
I never dared to with the old one, cuz I didn't know where it had been. 
Oh, and also "Rise Of Skywalker", on blu-ray. 
But..I'm gonna use the knife more than I'll be able to watch the movie, so knife wins.

Oh, and as I was taking my knife out of the box, and popping the blades out for the first time, Clovis jumped up, and climbed my belly with his claws, and made me holler. 
He was clearly saying "I'm your REAL early birthday present, pay attention to ME!".

Description and pic of my old one here.
Eleven fuggin' years ago, and it was falling apart even then!
Long past time for a replacement.


The Rise Of Skywalker (2019)


Review here.

Well, I said it in the knife review...


Ghostbusters International vol 1 (2016)
Ghostbusters International vol 2 (2016)



Fits between "Get Real", and "101: Everyone Answers The Call".
The arc where Ray's girlfriend Jenny dies and becomes a ghost, and Egon dies, is resurrected, and is temporarily replaced with cartoon Egon.
And all the gaps are filled, and now I'm caught up on all the old ones.
Now, I just have to get what comes after "Crossing Over".
Namely "35th Anniversary", and "Ghosts Of Cybertron".
And "Year One", but that's not out in GN form yet.

Y'know, its just easier to show in checklist form...

Year One. X
Displaced Aggression. V
Spectral Shenanigans vol 1 V
Spectral Shenanigans vol 2 V
Happy Horror Days. V
Mass Hysteria vol 1 V
Mass Hysteria vol 2 V
TMNT/Ghostbusters 1 V
Get Real. V
International vol 1 V
International vol 2 V
101: Everyone Answers The Call. V
Answer The Call: What Dreams May Come. V
TMNT/Ghostbusters 2 V
Crossing Over. V
35th Anniversary. X
Ghosts Of Cybertron. X

V = got it
X = need it

See? I'm closing in!

Actually, Ghosts Of Cybertron is on its way.
Or, should be...

Also, got some cloth washable masks.
Cuz apocalypse.

Anyhoo, this'll need an update when the other book comes.
And/or of some surprise pops up.
Stay tuned.


Previously with birthday loot-

Christmas and birthday loot (MM #45)
Birthday loot 2019. (MM #110)


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels