Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Corrections/updates: Series 2, Part 6.


A second correction to a correction!!

In "Corrections/updates Part 11", I claimed I never wrote a poem.

I did so!!
In "Postcards from Podsville #21"!!!

It's sloppy, and fell apart at the end, and I wasn't happy with it, and I forgot about it, but it's a poem.

I mooshed too much together in the last paragraph.
The ideas needed to be broken up into littler pieces.

So, I've fixed it!!
9 years later, I fixed my broken poem.
Here it is.


Somewhere, someone tells the one they love "I hate you!".

Somewhere, someone screams, shouts, and terrifies, in the name of "some goddamned peace and quiet".

Somewhere, someone drinks to forget unpleasant experiences brought on by alcohol consumption.

Somewhere, someone shoots up to take away the pain of being alienated by their addiction.

Somewhere, someone wire-taps and spies in the name of "liberty".

Somewhere, someone prays to God to finally return, and end all the gloom and horror in the world let loose by religion.

Somewhere, a factory farmer wears a cowboy hat, and misses the irony.

Somewhere an old man applies to the big box store that drove out his hardware store.

Somewhere, a diabetic in a gas guzzler stuffs their face full of fast food, then looks up at a polluted sky, and says "such a shame, but what can ya do?".

Things you can count on.
These things are always happening.
Somewhere.


There.
Did that.
:-)



No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels