Friday, March 22, 2019

Meedyah Morsels #42.


The first crossover since the big category merger.


Doomsday Clock (2018-2019)


I'm late on commenting on this.
It's 9 issues in.
3 to go.
I think I'll buy the trade.

It's a crossover sequel to Watchmen where the Watchmen characters meet the DC superheroes.

I was skeptical, but goddamned if it isn't frigging awesome.

Yep, that cover, while being a little deceptive, is correct in that it's where the heroes fight Dr. Manhattan.
He's fucking terrifying.
No one could really challenge him in Watchmen, but here, you get to see him test his limits.
His limits are "OH, SHIT!!!!".

While I'm at it, I ought to get the trade that collects the Minuteman prequel from "Before Watchmen".
That's the best part.

Minuteman prequel is awesome, Doomsday Clock is awesome, turns out tinkering with Watchmen isn't like blaspheming an art religion after all.
You just have to have talented people doing it.

And Alan Moore needs to get over himself, but sadly, he never will.

Damn, it would never happen, but I would so love it if the DC Extended Universe (movie universe) culminated in Kingdom Come and Doomsday Clock.
Ret-con the Watchmen movie into that shit.

Aw, yeah, I could die happy then.


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels