Saturday, February 23, 2019

Corrections/updates: Series 2, Part 4.


In "The problem of "eternity"", I broke down how making anything eternal makes it hellish, and editing bad things out of eternity to make it "paradise",  contradicts the whole fundamental premise of afterlife out of existence.
I used the example of taking a shit a lot.

Because of that last bit, and the tepid response it got (for the time! The people that dug it dug it a lot, it just wasn't in the double digits), I remembered it as being cringe-y.
No, fuck that, it's awesome, I'm proud of it.
Its aged like a fine wine.
Read it again, folks.

So, instead of the correction I thought it was gonna be, it's just an update.

Looking back, I went after this argument, because it came from someone I considered stunningly stupid, and yet it impressed people I used to respect.

It's clearer to me now, ten years later, I was caught in my evolutionary transition phase of becoming my real self, and ripping away who I had to pretend to be to keep these old friends.
It was a slower Band-Aid rip than it should have been.
If I could go back in time, I'd tell myself "fuck 'em, they're stupid, and they end up being backstabbers, and 60% of them float away from the board anyway".

But again, Sharon knew, and tried to tell me.

Anyway, that my memory of this rant was so fallible shores up my point.
If my memory of it had been infallible and eternal, I couldn't have been pleasantly surprised.

Who wants an eternity with no surprises?
Seems pretty boring to me.

These arguments aren't just goofy and childish, they're vanity, greed, and solipsism dressed up in gold leaf and rainbow glitter to try and en-noble them.

They're not noble.
They're actually quite nasty.
Thought up by nasty greedy people to maintain worldly power.

I wish I could have communicated this to the people who needed it the most, the people who fell for this shit.
But it's not a failure on my part, it's on them.
You can't save people from themselves.
I see that now.


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels