Monday, October 20, 2014

Slashers update.


I guess this updates both 80's slashers, and Masters Of Horror.

I left off on 80's slashers saying...

I'm sure some cool new retro-80's franchise will come along.
But, for now, we're in a holding pattern.

The following two flicks try to accomplish that, but, well.....


See No Evil (2006)


Meh.

From WWE pictures, and starring Kane.
It's Jason fused with Francis Dollarhyde with an eyeball plucking modus operandi.

I struggled through it to get to the second one, which is the one I really wanted to see.

And by struggled, I mean I really kept popping up the time counter, and checking the clock.
It had a DMV/waiting room feel to it.

SyFy level schlock.


See No Evil 2 (2014)


I wanted to see this one, because it's directed by The Soska Sisters.

Also, it stars Danielle Harris ("Halloween 5", "Hatchet II", and "Hatchet III"), and Katherne Isabelle ("Ginger Snaps", "Freddy vs. Jason", "American Mary", and "Hannibal Season 2").

Every minute they're on the screen, you're happy, and every minute they're gone, you miss them.

The Soskas do their best, and add their kinky little touches, but...ehhh.
It's a studio picture.

Hopefully, "Vendetta", will be another "American Mary", or better.

Worth watching if you're an insane fan of the starlets, but not worth collecting.
Not even if you're a Soska Sisters completist.
Wait for "Vendetta".

As for the over arching premise of this post, the wait for the next Freddy/Jason continues.
The holding pattern isn't broken yet.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels