Thursday, April 24, 2014

Flicks I've watched (Part 30)


Part 29.


Okay, let's start with the good, and work down towards the bad.


Tenchi Muyo: War On Geminar (2009-10)


See here, and here.

Shit, turns out this has actually been out for awhile.

Anyway, fucking loved it!
Now I'm craving a marathon of all the old Tenchis again.
*Sad sigh*
But I got shit to do.

Anyway, this must be the best one of the Tenchiverse by far.
Here, Kenshi is the Tenchi clone, like Seina was in GXP, and this has the most characters, and the biggest scope, and the most intricate plot of all of 'em.
And yes, the girls end up being Kenshi's harem.
Natch.
It'll feel like a Tenchi show, you won't notice the difference.
The magic is there.

If you're an anime geek, and you haven't gotten into Tenchi, I really don't know what the fuck you're waiting for.
I gotta drop Jupiter on your head?
Come on.
Jeez.


Amelie (2001)


Loved it.
Cute as hell.
Dunno why it took me so long to see it.

One of those ones that doesn't boil down into a couple paragraphs, and a lengthy book report on it would spoil it all.
Just watch it.
It'll make you happy.


The Beaver (2011)


Y'know, I liked it.
And I kinda hate that I like it, cuz of the star, but, yeah, pretty good.
Not at all what you expect from the ads.
If Hollywood made this, it'd be cutesy, and have a pre-packaged predictable ending, but man, does it take a dark turn.
Kudus for having some twists, movie.


The Passion Of The Christ (2004)


See here.

Mentioned this in "Oh-Em-Gee-Three!!", and I figured "y'know, if I'm gonna keep comparing religious flicks unfavorably to this, I'd better sit down, and watch the fuckin' thing".

So I did.

Pee-fuckin-yoo.

It's everything I expected, and nothing more.
Wasn't shockingly bad, wasn't shocking period, didn't move me, didn't tear jerk me, every sentiment it threw at me was blatantly manipulative, and came from a mile away.
Propaganda, through and through.
People who liked this are idiots.

Man, if "The Demon Murder Case", fucked me up at 8 years old, can you imagine what this thing did to 5-year-olds forced to sit through it by their creepy parents?
Holy shit.

So, anyway, I saw this because of OMG3, then I saw "The Beaver", because it was "the other Mel Gibson flick".
Like, they bookend pre and post meltdown.
I have no desire to see "Apocalypto".

Then, I saw "Amelie", because I always meant to since two-thousand-fucking-one, but something always stopped me.
Then, it got so far behind, I forgot, and the memory finally came back to me.
Like "48 Hours".

And "Geminar", well, just because.

So, that's those.
Up to date.
See you next time.


1 comment:

Billdude said...

Mel Gibson's a loon, but "Apocalypto" wasn't too bad for what it was, which is basically an action movie. I didn't watch it twice though.

Blog Archive

Labels