Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Birthday loot 2021. (Part 2)


Couple birthday cards came, got a re-infusion on top of what was leftover, so here's the booster shot.


Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)



Well, I was expecting to hate it for all the bile it got, and it was flawed, but...I didn't love it, I didn't hate it, and it wasn't "meh".
It's an interesting mixed bag.
I enjoyed enough parts of it, I'd watch it again.
For 2020 superhero movies, I'd rank it just behind Harley Quinn by a teeny little pinch.


As for its flaws...if Wonder Woman 1 was inspired by "Superman The Movie" then WW84 is inspired by all the silly bits of Superman 2, 3, and 4.
But I like the sillier Superman sequels.
Especially 3.

Ugh, it didn't need to be 2 and a half hours though.
Really?
As long as the theatrical cut of BvS?
Ehh...

Hmm, y'know, the message of "you can't cheat-code reality" is timely given all the Qanon shit that threatens to devour the world.

Glad I collected it.
Next month, Snyder Cut drops on disk


Batman: The Long Halloween Parts 1-2 (2021)


Loved it.
Both the book and this movie are among the best Batman writing ever.
Only Year One tops it, and only because Frank Miller's internal monologues put more meat on the bones.
Definitely top tier, definitely a must watch, and a must collect.
I've done both, and look what a happy camper I am.


Discovery season 3 (2021)


Yeah, I know, I got it last time, but stupid Amazon sent DVD instead of Blu-ray somehow, so I traded it for the upgrade.
All set now.


Resident Evil: The Complete Collection (2002-2016)


Yeah, I finally did it.
I was at Wal-Mart to get socks and undies, and they had it for 15 bucks.
They're the Pringles of movies.
I know they're bad for me, but I just can't get enough.

They actually flow really good in a binge.
Like a show.
A big dumb show on acid and crack.
Get your popcorn, and Mountain Dew, and Milk Duds ready, and enjoy.



And, that's all those.
See you next time for Snyder Cut.
And maybe FTWD season 6.


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels