Tuesday, August 31, 2021

What I don't do (Revisited)


I forgot I did sequels to "it's what you DON'T do" so, figured I'd speed through those.

Here we go...



Read minds.

I didn't need to be a mind reader, I needed the decoder chart.
No one gives you the decoder chart.
You can read the right books and articles, but no one points you in the right direction of that shit.
I mean, they do for me NOW, thanks to the internet.
The internet was a hamster wheel in those days.


Do detective work.

Again, I needed today's internet.


Massage egos.

Of racists?
No.


Mindlessly shoot the shit.

I've found my people.
We shoot the shit about what we like.


"Be nice".

To racists?
No.
You have to humiliate racists.
It's that, or capitulate.


Suffer fools gladly.

Nope, especially racists.
But fools are usually racist.



Conform.

Mold myself to the herd?
No.
Fit in with who I fit in with?
That's different.
I've found my people, I'm okay now.


Go with the flow.

Of racist bullies?
No.


Tell you what you want to hear.

If you're a racist?
No.


Be "one of the guys".

If they're racists?
Nope.


Go along to get along.

Not if they're racists.


Get on board.

Again...


Suck up.

To racists?
Never.


Kiss ass.

Not to anyone.
I'll praise the praiseworthy, but I'm stingy with that.
Especially since America is swarming with racists.


Play ball.

Not racism ball.


Dumb it down.

This is how you have to talk to racists, period.
I just won't talk to 'em.


Do small-talk.

Filling the air with noise for its own sake isn't confidence, it's insecurity.
Y'know who's the most insecure?
Racists.
Followed closely behind by homophobes.


Be a team player.

At racist-ball?
Nope.



"You don't help people".

Yeah, he meant him with the racists.
He should have fucking said so.

But he read Dilbert all day, so that's gotta diminish your faculties.


There, there's that old trauma resolved once and for all.
Done.



No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels