Sunday, September 11, 2011

Happy 10th birthday, act of homicidal political assholism.


So, I'm watching "Cheers", last night...

  ...and I see "written by David Angell", and I'm like "where do I remember that name from?", then, like a nanosecond later, it hits me "ohhhh, shiiit, that's the poor bastard from "Frasier", who died on 9/11".

Then, it was a really good episode, and I got thinking of him being on that fucking plane again, and was like "fuck".

 So, I jotted that down on a notepad for today, knowing it would BE 9/11.

Yeah, guy who wrote last night's Cheers got vaporized that day.
Wonder if that was random coincidence.
The rerun I mean.
Well, as you may know, I happen to think artists, particularly good ones, are some of the only worthwhile human beings we have.

Sure as fuck ain't politicians, and arms dealers.

So, there you go, a writer who entertained me had to die, because a gaggle of superstitious lunatics thought corporeal obliteration sends them to a dimension where 75 slaves would want to suck them off.

Ain't humanity neat?
These are such GOOD ideas, let's respect them.
*Eye roll*

So, what else?

Well, The Onion kinda wrapped up what I was originally gonna ramble about all in one neat little package.
Bastids.
But yeah, here's that, it says it all...

Nation Would Rather Think About 9/11 Than Anything From Subsequent 10 Years.

Um, well....Bin Laden finally got killed.
That's something...

Freedom Tower's finally getting built.

Troop withdrawl for the two shitty wars are finally starting to happen.
We're mostly outta Iraq.
They'll leave some troops behind forever, cuz that's what the US does...

Maybe the run of bad shit from the last shitty decade is starting to turn around, eh?
Here's hoping.

Well, let's look back at previous 9/11s, boy, these fly by...

2010
(Uneventful, except breaking ground on the Freedom Tower. They were saving it for this year, I guess)

2009
(Tyler Perry, and Glenn Beck, it was exploitterrific. Truly disgusting. I was ashamed to be human that year)

2008
(Said it all here. My all-purpose 9/11 rant to recycle forever. Well, me from '08, Binny's dead, other than that, the news media and US foreign policy is still fucking awful)

So, in a couple years, the new tower will be done, the fishes will have nibbled Binny's bones clean, "Rescue Me", will be in one big Blue Ray boxed set, and we may or may not have a new president, for better or worse.

That'll be interesting, to have the residue of 9/11 truly in the rearview mirror.

What it'll be like for it to really be over...
Stick around for that one.

And watch Cheers tonight.
Hallmark channel has 'em for sure, but your local cable company maybe has other outlets it plays on.
In between laughs, remember what mixing violent and stupid costs us as a culture.


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels