Monday, September 19, 2011

Ross


I can't remember how old I was when I first heard this story from the old man...

...I remember it was in the car on the way to somewhere....

 I think I may have been anywhere from 8 to 10, but I heard it again every couple years or so, til I was fourteen. 

Basically, it goes like this, there was a popular kid at Dad's high school, named Ross, but he was a total fuckin' dickhead, and he would give Dad shit, one day he even walks by him, curls his nose and goes "you're a fuckin' snake!".

Y'know, cutting high school hallway shit like that.

 Anyway, later on, Ross starts a fight with him, and all Ross's toadies and fanclub are like "Yay, Ross!! Yay, Ross!!".

 My Dad cleans his fucking clock with 3 punches.

 Do the zombies go "Yay (Mike's Dad)!!".

 Nooope. They go "awww, poor Ross!".

 Now...I wasn't openly told what the moral of this story was supposed to be, I always assumed it was generically "don't fight to be cool".
That seemed to be the vibe that was projected from it.

 But...I dissected the shit out of the events in the story in my head, and Dad didn't fight him to be cool, he fought him cuz Ross seemingly needed his beating.

Sometimes, you just need to beat up a Ross.

My high school experience was boring, annoying, and miserable, but I never had a Ross on my case.

I did observe how teenage notions of cool are fucking idiotic and meaningless.

None of that's worth fighting over, in the "taking the hill", sense, as far as I can see.

But, I wish I could say "yay Ross!", was just a high school or indeed, elementary playground thing.

It's a Hollywood, corporate board, and Washington thing too.

Lotta Rosses being yayed.
Went into detail on that here.

Seems to be Planet Ross.
Maybe that's what Dad was telling me...
Hmnh...

Nope, fuck it, Ross still needs his beating, and the keyboard is mightier than the sword.

1 comment:

Diacanu said...



Revisited.

https://dickynoo.blogspot.com/2019/05/revisits-36.html

Blog Archive

Labels