Sunday, July 3, 2011

Dicky-Pedia: Volume IV

Yeah, another one of these...

Like I said in the last post...

....I sorted it all out that the bad news section will be "shrieks from the wall (of meat)", but, now I needed a good news section.

But, I also need neutral news, and entertainment news.

But, I don't want a jillion categories, so, it needs a weird/vague enough name to cover 3 things.

So, I thought about it all last night, and the pieces stumbled together, and I got it.

All right, a transistor is a quantum-electronic device, right?
And micro-transistors are all throughout a microchip, right?
And microchips, and their big cousins, microprocessors, are the guts of a computer, right?
And the internet is sometimes called "the sea of information".
And the internet is made up of all these PCs/laptops/smart-phones...
So, one could call the internet "The Quantum Sea".
I just did.
Little more poetic than "internet", or "World Wide Web".

The internet as Quantum Sea, that easily represents the hopeful side of humanity laid out in "Let's Fast-Forward".

And as a Maine-uh, the sea makes me think of fishermen.
Fishermen bring the life-giving bounty that comes to my plate at Weathervane.

Life giving bounty...hmm...yes, that would be the antidote to "Shrieks From The Wall (of meat)".

So, bam, "Fish From The Quantum Sea".

And I guess that makes me a Quantum Fisherman.
Makes it sound like I'm doin' something.
I'll take it. :)
(Makes it my occupation in the profile)

So, there's that squared away.
Just need a tag name for it for the first one, and I'm good to go....

Oh, yeah, and I didn't pick through the good stuff in Dicky-Pedia II, like I did for the bad stuff in Dicky-Pedia III...

Well, no need to get the scalpel out, it's all just the traits and tools of the Quantum Fisherman. ;)
And that boils down to The Crest, and The List.

So, that's all done.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels