Thursday, January 14, 2010

Utility Belt 5.

Okay, last we left off, I was waiting on the hobo knife...

Well, it has arrived, and I'm up to 12 thingies now.


12?
Yes, 12, yesee....

Had this knockoff Leatherman lying around for oh, over 10 years now.

That's not exactly like mine; mine has black handles, and the file is also a ruler, and a fish scaler.
But, that's as close as I could get, all the other Leatherman products are all fancy-shmancy looking for the new decade, and have a trillion more attachments.

Okay, back to the hobo knife.

It's excellent, everything I wanted.
Has all the utensils, plus one little bonus not shown, or described in the Amazon page.
A little metal stick thingy, that I'm certain either is a window breaker, or can be used for one.
Y'know, for if/when one crashes their car into a lake, they can pop the window, and get out.
If it's not a window breaker, I don't know what else it could be....
A toothpick?
A corn cob spear?
I'm going with window breaker.

Anyway, this is excellent, because I was gonna get a whole separate security gadget for 25 bucks just for the window breaker, and eschew the other crap on it.

Another pleasant surprise, the corkscrew can hit the reset button on the Dingoo!

See, you can see in the pic...

....that the goddamned reset button is inside one of those little pinhole things.

I have some pins lying around jabbed into an eraser for just such an emergency, but I can't be lugging little pins around, I was gonna get a safety pin or something.

The Dingoo locks up once in a blue moon, but if that ever happened while I was out, I'd be fucked, it would be stuck, frozen, and on, and using up the battery.
Not good.
Well, I have the solution now, so, sweet.

I'll probably never have to screw an actual cork, so now the corkscrew has an actual function now!

Thirdly, the hobo knife came in a pouch with a belt loop on it, so, I said "what the hell..", and strapped it onto the belt of the waist pack.

Then, I looked at the Leatherman, and that had a flap in the back of it's pouch that could work as a belt loop, so I threaded that sucker on too.

So, that's why that got added.

So, that saves room in the belt pack pouch, and lets me get more stuff in.

BUT...I don't really need the microscope...not like I'm a wilderness biologist or something...and I don't need the pocket knife, what with the Leatherman, and Hobo-knife, and I don't need the Sansa if I take the Dingoo, cuz that's got all my MP3s too, and can plug into the tape adapter too, so....the kit I'd actually take is more like this....

I can juggle things around more as I figure out what I really need, but that's the core to start with.

Also, I finally gave in, and threw the pointer/flashlight, and remote onto my keys.
Gonna need those too, so, why not?

So....I think I'm all geared up now.

Everything I can think of that'd be handy, anyway.

Now I just need places to go, and things to do....

1 comment:

Philip said...

People's televisions will never be the same from now on - you can melt them, fuck around with the channels or do a dis-repair job beyond the wildest nightmares of the company that designed them!

All that stuff looks like all shades, shapes and sizes of cool - remember with great gadgets comes great responsibility - now go cause some havoc!

:D

Blog Archive

Labels