Friday, September 18, 2009

Location blogging #10.

One little bit I forgot from the last one.


Tried getting this intersection twice, once on the way to Gorham, and again on the way to Westbrook (which can be gotten to through Gorham), and either the sun, or traffic fucks it up, so screw it, it's a bitch of an intersection to get with my little camera, I've been here, so I'll Google Map it, and get it over with.

Okay, here's 3-D Variety.

They used to have a video store, I think they brought it back, I haven't been back to look.

Anyhoo, rotating to the right...

...is this pesky intersection.
See, you gotta stop about here, and you come up on it in a 50 mph zone, and there's always cars up your ass, and you ain't got much time to fuck around, and if the sun's at the wrong spot, forget it, so, yeah, this why I couldn't get good shots.
S'pose I coulda pulled in somewhere, but...to really nail it, I'd have to pull in to 3-D, then cross the street, and pull in there, but there's no really good way to cross the street with all the traffic coming, so, I'd have to go all around, come back..and ugh...not worth it.

Aaanyhoo...green arrow is where 3-D is for reference, red arrow goes to Gorham, blue arrow is where the next pic will be.

So, rotating again...

...is this little strip...

...and getting out the arrow pen...

Red arrow, this joint has been a bunch of stuff, but once upon a time, it was a comic shop.
Wasn't a great comic shop, but at least it was local.
Ah, well...
Used to be one behind Nicely's too, but again..ppt.
Comic shops don't last in the boonies.

Green arrow is where the barber I used to go to was.
He retired.
Tch.

Blue arrow is the hairdresser that drove out and replaced the barber.
No barbers anymore, one is forced to go to a hairdresser to get a trim.
She acted kinda contemptuous of me being there.
Hmph. *Shrug*
What, I'm supposed to be ashamed to be alive, hang my head, skulk off, and not get my haircut?
Not like it's verboten for a guy to be there, I walked in on her giving a trim to her son.
And it can't be cuz I'm big and oafish, her kid was as big and oafish as me.
I dunno.
I don't get people.
And when I do I'm horrified.
Best to let it go.

Anyway, she did a good job, and was hella fast compared to the old Navy barber, so, yay.

Purple arrow down thataway spits you back out at the intersection of the smiling church (shown at the end of part 3)

Anyway, turning back around, heading back thisaway...

...ya got Wayne Joy's Motorcar...

...and the Donut Hole Cafe, which is relatively new, and lovely.

...and that's it. That's the last little bit.

Oh yeah, and to bring it full circle with the last entry, keep going thataway, you pop out at the Hannaford.


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels