Friday, October 5, 2018

Big 2018 Movies Part 11.


Finally, movie reviews are back!!!
That was quite a chasm!
So, you guessed it, it's...


Venom (2018)


Previously on Sony-Spidey...

And now, the rundown.
  • I dug it.
  • The critics have their chainsaws out, but it's not as bad as they're saying.
  • It's not the greatest thing ever either, but I was entertained.
  • It harkens back to pre-MCU Marvel movies of the 90's and 00's. Critics are saying this like it's a bad thing, but I like a lot of those movies, and this is the best of those. Better than Daredevil, better than Tim Story Fantastic Four, better than Ang Lee Hulk, better than Ghost-Rider easily.
  • Compared to other Spider-Man movies, definitely better than Spider-Man 3. Not as good as Spider-Man 2 or Homecoming. 
  • Tom Hardy is great. The flick doesn't work without him.
  • Venom is a goofy 90's character anyway, this was never going to be "The Dark Knight", or "Logan". It is what it is.
  • It works okay as PG-13, but I hope there's an R rated cut for DVD.
  • MCU is still the best of all cinematic universes so far, but that bar is out to the moon by now.
  • A mid-credits scene, and a post-credits. The credits are quintuple spaced, and reeeeallly fucking slow. Felt like 20 minutes. I'll sorta-spoil that second one, it's a scene from "Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse". If you wanna see that one anyway, you can skip the scene and go pee. You're just gonna see it again anyway.
  • I won't spoil the mid-credits, but...suffice to say, it's sequel bait, and the plot to THIS one should've been that. 
  • Overall, I'm glad I saw this.
  • If you've got the spare cash and time, I think you'll have a good time with it.
  • If you're pinching pennies, and only want MCUs, I can understand, but check this out on rental at least.

So, overall not a must see like "Infinity War", or "Black Panther", but I'll stand against the people trashing it.

And, that's that one down!

Next time, Into The Spider-Verse, and Aquaman!
And mmmaaaaybe Halloween.


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels