Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Meedyah Morsels #90.


Oh, holy shit!!


Mad Magazine is coming to an end!!! :-(

Story here.

My memories of it here  as part of Meedya Morsels #38.

Well, damn.

Well, it's not a super shocker, the whole comics industry is struggling, indeed all print media is suffering.

And Mad is pretty much a relic.
Its a jaw-dropping feat that they've hung on this long.
Kids can get what they do for free with Cracked.com, and The Onion, and College Humor, and Cyanide And Happines, and The Oatmeal, and a zillion Youtube channels.

But, you were there for me as a preteen and teenager, so, thanks, Mad.

You will be deeply missed.

At least I have my best-of books of 50's Mad when they were at their greatest, and 80's Mad from when I was growing up.
I will cherish them even more now.

*Salutes*


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels