Wednesday, February 16, 2022

The last Ayn Rand/Atlas Shrugged post. (Hopefully)


God Awful Movies did the Atlas Shrugged movie trilogy over the last 3 weeks finishing it up yesterday.
But before that, they covered the book on Citation Needed.
They did a damned good job.

Here's those episodes.


Fun fact, the returns on each movie were so bad, the third movie had to be finished with a Kickstarter campaign.
Randism is against charity.
Their answer is "no, we're against forced charity".
Forced charity isn't a thing.
It's what they call social spending.
Ayn Rand went on SSI.
The Ayn Rand Institute took PPP money.
God, they're stupid.
Everything they touch, including their own movie, turns to shit.

And, here's my take on it.
I did the Money Speech which boils down the whole dipshit philosophy.


Then, I did a 4 part revisit with all I've learned since, and I spotted the racist dog whistles and the crypto-fascism this time.



No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels