Wednesday, February 9, 2022

The Book Of Boba-Fett.

May as well drop this review too...




Previously with TV Star Wars-



-Non-spoilers.

It's Mandalorian season 2.5.
Especially the last 3 episodes. Which is almost half the season!
Did I like it?
Ehhh...I wasn't dippy about it. I'll get into that in spoilers.
It had cool shit, but it felt like Boba was just there to put over Mando.
"Put over" in wrestling lingo, to lose a match to make the other wrestler, usually a newbie, look good for the crowd.
As for the cool shit, I'll cover that in spoilers...

-Spoilers.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
-Boba gets out of the Sarlacc in a cool way, and then murders the shit out of it.
-We get more Luke!
-We get the Rancor action we dreamed about since playing with the toys as kids.
-We learn more about Tuskens then we ever knew we wanted.
-Badass black Wookie.
-Grogu comes back. Um...yay? I mean, the ending of Mando season 2 was so epic not just because of the Luke action, but because of the tear-jerk of Grogu leaving. Now that he's just comes back, it kind of kills the meaning of that ending. And now, you HAVE to watch Boba to be caught up for Mando season 3. Pretty cynical.
-The cynicism of the Grogu return has me kinda disenchanted with the franchise. Hence the "ehhhh" in non-spoilers.


Yeah, I guess I'm kinda wavy-hand on this one.
I loved the stuff I liked, but the overall arc of the thing, and the cynicism in the writing room, it kinda gives me the blahs.


Next one of these is Obi-Wan, then Mando season 3.
I'll try to be excited, but...eh...

I'm more excited for "Doctor Strange And The Multiverse Of Madness".
That's my big thing I'm looking forward to.
Everything else, even Star Wars, takes a back seat.
Maybe that's what's giving me the Star Wars blahs, but other people online have been iffy on this show too, so it's not just me.

If this came out right after "Return Of The Jedi", I'd be screaming to the point of happy tears, I'm sure.
But, I'm not 8 anymore, I'm an old fuck.
Mando 3 had better fucking kill it, that's all I can say.


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels