Sunday, February 9, 2020

Greedy swine, Part 2.

Stuff from Facebook #31.

The second and final part to this series.


People are vain and gross.

January 4th, 2020

(In response to a friend's post about wanting to be totally up on philosophy so he doesn't get corrected by someone)

Even if I hooked sweeping digitizing translating x-ray scanners to every shelf in the Library Of Congress, and I hooked a cellular modem to your brain, so you could drink the knowledge of all of humanity into your head, and only ONE fucking book got left out cuz some idiot had it overdue because it fell behind the washing machine, someone would jump on you. 
Because it's not you. 
Humans are just vain and gross.


Cogs.

January 12, 2018 

A lot of people say corporations treat their employees like "cogs in a machine". 
No, I don't agree with that at all. 
When I'm driving down the road, I'm GRATEFUL for the cogs. 
And the nuts, and bolts, and screws, and pistons, and gears, and wires, and switches, and valves. 
I'm GRATEFUL that they're all doing their thing, and holding in place. 
Maybe I'm not writing a love letter to all the individual little parts, but I marvel that more cars don't suddenly fly apart than do, and that its never been one I've driven. 
And I appreciate it. 
Same for the wiring and plumbing in the house. 
Same for the toaster, same for the microwave. 
Definitely for the blu-ray player. 
I'm happy when all my gizmos work, because I've been without power for 2 weeks after a hurricane before, and I've seen how things are going for poor Puerto Rico. 
I get the feeling your average CEO doesn't THINK about his nuts, bolts, pistons, and wires in his car. And if something breaks, and he can't make it to a mechanic, I bet he goes into an entitlement fueled fury. 
No, corporations don't treat people like cogs, they treat people like ASSHOLES treat cogs. 
No, the phrase simply breaks down. 
It needs replacing with..oh...say..."rich people are mostly garbage". 
That cuts more to the heart of it.


Capitalism vs democracy.

February 7, 2018 

Republicans feel that if democracy threatens capitalism, democracy has to go. I feel the exact opposite way.



Next up, a pretty big topic series.


Previously with SFF-

Greedy swine, Part 1. (SFF #30)


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels