Friday, February 7, 2020

Governor's!

Munchies & Crunchies #20

Left this one out of my 90's remembrances.


Governor's Restaurant And Bakery


So, it was the late 90's to the early 00's, and our old weekly/monthly Kittery trip with my grandmother to Shady Dave's and Weathervane had died out, so we were looking for a new place.

We couldn't find a new store/flea market, but we thought maybe Governor's could be our new dinner place.

It's your usual family owned place that can make literally anything.
They're Weathervane, IHOP, Denny's, Red Robin, Outback, and Friendly's all rolled into one, and better.

Check out the menu.

It's all ambrosia in gluttonous portions.
Just wonderful.

...but they're pricey.
Not cripple you pricey, not French restaurant pricey, but enough so that if you're blue collar, and you feed 4 people, you're gonna go "ouch! Damn!".

I dunno, I think it's worth it.
But, what do I know, I'm crazy *shrug*.

BUT, all of that's moot, cuz like Weathervane, they pulled back the franchises that were easy for us to get to, so that trip died away.

And then gram died in '07, and our special trips ended period.
Ah, well.
*Sigh*

Anyway, they've got a model train that goes around the ceiling, and they've got stuff you can buy to take home, like giant Rice Krispies squares, and brownies, and pie slices, or whole pies, and they've got an eating challenge dessert, The Federal Deficit.

From the dessert menu....

"A delicious combination of our Banana Split, Brownie Delight, and Strawberry Shortcake, as well as six large sundaes! We start with vanilla ice cream, then add hot fudge, caramel, peanut butter, blueberries, cherries, pineapple, strawberries, raspberries, marshmallow, a banana, a biscuit, a brownie, nuts, jimmies, and a pile of whipped cream! No take outs".

*Drool*

If I could beam that sucker home, I could put a pretty good dent in it, but with people looking over my shoulder putting the pressure on, my stomach would tighten up to the size of a piece of bread, and betray me.

They're the only place around here that has an ice cream challenge.
That I'm aware of.
I'm sure there's another if I looked hard enough, but I don't wanna.
Federal Deficit has everything.
How do you top that?
Bottle rockets sticking out?

I never had room for their desserts.
The menu actually encourages you to have dessert first.
I should have listened.
*Shakes head sadly*
I should have listened.

Anyway, that's Governor's.


Previously with MC-

Stove Top with chaaawwwps!! (MC #19)


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels