Wednesday, January 1, 2020

The Mandalorian (2019)

Meedyah Morsels #186.

I'm a bit late with this, but, eh....



Previously with Star Wars-

Like I said here about the Disney+ Marvel shows, Disney can eat a dick, and I'll watch reaction videos, after-shows, and read Wikipedia for their shit.

So, I did.
And I still got the overall gist pretty well.

Good stuff.
Better than "Rise"?
Eh....

Apples and oranges.
Only haters want to compare them.
I ain't playing that game.

It's fun.
It's your 8 year old self playing with action figures, and being like "what if Boba-Fett teamed up with IG-88? What if Yoda had a baby, and Boba-Fett and IG-88 had to protect him from Bossk and Jawas?".

Anyone bitching about fan service in TROS, muthafucka, this whole show is fan service.
They even devote an episode to touring the famous locations of Tatooine.

Baby Yoda AKA "The Child", is the new Baby Groot.
You'd have to be hiding under a rock not to have heard about him.
Through him, Mando has already gone down in pop-culture history.

Fun stuff.
I dig it.
I dug TROS just a little bit better though.
I hope they release this on disk.
Hulu, DC streaming, and Netflix do.

Coming up next for SW shows, Mando season 2, Obi-Wan prequel, Cassian Andor prequel, and Dr. Aphra (character from the comics).

See you then.


Previously with TV shows-

AHS: 1984 (2019) (MM #172)

Previously with MM-

My Christmas Loot: Part 8, The Fantabulous Emancipation Of Looty! (MM #185)


1 comment:

Hank Layfield said...

Obiwan prequel? Seems more like a sequel, since it will feature the PT Obiwan as performed by McGregor. Nit picking I know, but it's an interesting question of how such a show should be labeled. Pretty much agree with how you see the Mandalorian plus lots of eye candy.

Blog Archive

Labels