Sunday, June 21, 2015

Big Summer Movies Part 3. (Part 3.5)


Ah, what the hell, here we go...


The Human Centipede 3 
[Final Sequence] (2015)


Since last time...

  • Saw it again right after with subtitles so I could fully understand WTF Dieter Laser was saying.
  • Saw it a third time as part of a marathon of the trilogy to see it as one four and a half hour movie. Glorious experience.
  • Saw it a fourth time just because.
  • Saw it a fifth time to pick me up from a case of the blues. Worked like gangbusters.

So, yeah, I love it.

But, critics are tearing it apart.
It has the lowest score on Rotten Tomatoes, last I heard.

Now, most of them are whiny little moralists that have no business reviewing ANY fucking horror movie.
Or, they review horror, but admit up front they didn't like the first two in the first place.
Another disqualifier.

But, some that claim to have liked the first two are whining.
And their biggest whine, is Dieter Laser's performance.
"Eeeww, it's too over the top. It's so annoying! Wahhh, wahh!!".

That's why I love it.
It's a fucking "Ren & Stimpy", cartoon.
That's totally what they were going for.

I dunno, that's totally my humor anyway.
Unhinged and over the top just makes me tingle with joy.
Bugs Bunny cartoons, Ren & Stimpy, Dennis Hopper in Blue Velvet.
You can certainly see those influences in my Harry comics.

I was right at home with this flavor of insanity.
It warmed me like a hug.

And like Ren & Stimpy, I'm starting to memorize lines.

"My leadership balls are nuclear bombs!!! 100 megatons each!!!!!!!".

"Leeeeet the poooorrrrk roast!!!!!".

"Clitoruseeessss!!!!!!".

*Doing a dance* "On your foocking foocking kneees!! On your foocking fooking kneees!!".


*Laughs*

Nope, hasn't worn out for me yet.
Gonna take awhile.

If you love sick wacky shit, this is your flick.
WTF are you waiting for?

3 comments:

B. D. said...

Was part of your depression caused by this? Thought it was supposed to run 7 years and was eventually going to cover all the SOTL territory....

http://www.avclub.com/article/nbc-cancels-hannibal-221196

Diacanu said...


Yeah, saw that.
I was shocked at first, but then, not so much.
NBC has threatened to cancel it since the end of season 1.
When they throw threats around, they usually win.

B. Dee said...

There's a movement to save it as you already know (I haven't watched it yet) maybe someone else will pick it up? Slight chance though.

Blog Archive

Labels