Wednesday, May 13, 2009

People are fucking boring.

So much so, It intruded into my dreams once.
Wrote it down at the time, dug it up just now, here's how it goes...


I'm back at the cafeteria in high school, but I'm the age I am now, and everyone there is mid-20's early-30's.
And I pull up a seat, and it's like there's this speed-dating thing going on, and me and this dorky looking/acting dude are working on the same chick, and I get her attention away from the dork, and then all of a sudden, I've got this sheet of notebook paper that's like a cheat sheet of conversational rules, and they're a mix of really lame, and really obvious, but they seem to be working, and the chick doesn't seem to care that I have them lying right on the table, and I look around, and all the guys have their own sheet of notes they're using, so that seems to be the "rules", of this dream.
Anyway, the girl gets sick of me, rudely gets up, and sits next to this guy with no paper who's telling some "interesting", story, and me and the dorky guy get up in mutual disgust.

Then, the rest of the dream is me wandering around aimlessly, and gradually, everyone leaves as couples.

Anyway, I woke up depressed, and then I got thinking about the dude's "interesting", story, and it wasn't anything of the kind.

One of those "I went to the place, and Todd was there, and we went over to Jeff's, and we tried his snowmobile, and then we went to the place, and saw some people, and then some of us went with some of them and went to the other place...".

And nothing ever actually...HAPPENS!!

He just keeps going to places, and meeting Todds and Erics.

But, chicks think it's "interesting", cuz he keeps steadily flapping his yap, and makes it sound really important.

And I guess that's how my brain had that to draw on for the dream, was hearing that shit at school and jobs.


Well, anyway, that was the dream, I wrote it down at the time, thinking when I looked at it again, there'd be some new mystery I figured out about people that would make this all my fault somehow, and I'd fix whatever this problem with myself was.

But no, it's not me, people are fucking boring.
And awful.
And it hasn't gotten any better.
It's still a bunch of Todds and Erics flapping their dumb liver lips.
*Grumble, head shake*


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels