Saturday, September 5, 2026

Spider-Man: Brand New Day (2026)

Ooof!! I was reeeeaally late on this one!
Latest I've been on one of these, I think.

Anyhoo!


Previously on MCU....


Previously with Holland-Spidey...


The buildup to get here....


Jesus Herbert Christ!!! It's been 5 years since "No Way Home"!!!
9 years since original "Homecoming"!!
1 year and a month since "Fantastic Four"!!

Anyway!!!

Non-spoiler review.

Best of the Tom Hollands with Tom Holland at the center. 
Tom Holland really finally becomes the Spider-Man of the comic books.
The Home Trilogy was really a stretched out origin story.
You'll laugh, you'll cheer, you'll bawl.
I mean, come on, it's Spidey; there's always cry spots.
"No Way Home" was a nostalgia fest of where the Spidey character (regardless of who's in the mask) has been; this is Tom Holland's Peter really coming into his own as the mature Spidey.

We finally get Spidey vs Hulk like in the comics.
Punisher is surprisingly comic relief.

Excellent. Would recommend.

Okay, spoiler for the surprise guest, because even though I figured it out, and every smart comic fan figured it out, and every movie news outlet with a geek on staff figured it out, Sony doesn't want you to know for some reason.....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Spoiler review.

It's Jean Grey.
Sadie Sink (Max from "Stranger Things") is Jean Grey.
She's the true physical villain, but the moral villain is the US government.
Like "Thunderbolts".

So, NWH brought in all of Sony, this brings in Fox.
Legally.
Canon-wise, Sadie is the new MCU-reboot Jean.

Yeah...with health issues, and Trump turning the whole planet into Hell, and me being increasingly more grouchily leftist, I dragged my feet, and made excuses, but I'm glad I finally saw this.

It's corporate product, sure, but it still has humans.
Gotta see human movies before everything becomes AI slop.

Next one is "Avengers: Doomsday".
See ya then!!


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels