Friday, December 31, 2021

Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021)


As I said in the Shang-Chi review...

Next up, gotta collect Venom 2, and Eternals, and I hope I can get to see "No Way Home" in theaters before it's gone.
Waited for my booster shot to be in my system 2 weeks (which is exactly today), now I have to wait for a nice day with dry roads.
Stay tuned!

Boom! Got to go the next day.
Weather report said it was supposed to rain buckets, but it never did.
Glad I risked it.

Anyhoo!


Previously on MCU phase 4....




Non-spoiler review.

Best of the Tom Hollands.
Best of all the Spideys.
You'll laugh, you'll cheer, you'll bawl.
Go see it.
That's all I can say without spoilers.
.
.
.
.
Spoiler review.


Also, Sandman, Lizard, and Dafoe Goblin.
Plus, Tom Hardy Venom in the mid-credits!

So!! The Following things are canon now!
Marc Webb duology (1, 2)

Andrew Garfield films? Redeemed!
Holy shit are they ever!

As I cynically said way back in 2012....

You're just gonna get 3 of this, and Spidey won't ever get to meet the Avengers.
And, you made that happen with your ticket and toy money, kids.
Congratulations.

Everything I said was wrong.
There were only two Andrew Garfields, Spidey met the Avengers, and not just MCU reboot-Spidey, but both classic Spideys got to be in the MCU world.
We got it all.
We fucking got it all.

Trouble is......now I'm greedy for Hugh Jackman Wolverine and/or Patrick Stewart Xavier, and/or Deadpool in "Multiverse Of Madness".
If they were in it, Disney would make them lie.
We'd never know until the reviews leaked out.

I'm excited for "Multiverse" regardless.
I'm just saying.

The one possible nitpick though...
To get maximum enjoyment, you have to have seen the original 5 Sony-Spideys.
Without being a longtime fan, or at least a new-kid who did their homework, you'll think it's cool there are 3 multiverse Spideys, but I don't think the emotional gut-punches for the characters will hit as hard.

I could be wrong, but I personally recommend the homework, or a refresh if you haven't.

Basic cable has been playing the 5 classic-Spideys, so someone whispered the secret to the network programmers.
They're facilitating your binge.

So, yeah, this is one for the history books.
Not since the first Avengers have we had a game-changing crossover of past movies like this.

And, like I said above, I think "Multiverse" has even more in store for us.

Stay tuned!




No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels