Monday, February 25, 2019

Corrections/updates: Series 2, Part 5.


In "The Return Of Crossovers!", I talked about Obama crossover comics.

Specifically, I said...

Savage Dragon #137...had Savage Dragon shamelessly endorsing the future president.

IIII dunno, that's kinda tacky.

I'm liberal, and I still prefer my heroes apolitical.
Don't tangle 'em up with that stuff.
What if someday some beloved hero endorses the next Nixon level embarrassment?
Or, some full-blown fuggin' internment camp muthafucka?
They're gonna have that taint on 'em forever.
Nah, not cool.

I've come around.
Fuck it.
Comics didn't and wouldn't endorse someone like Trump.

If Savage Dragon alienated the MAGA crowd, good.
Fucking good.
Piss off the the crypto-fascists any fucking chance you can get.
Let these jagoffs have nothing left to read but "Highlights", and "Field & Stream".

And while I'm at it, let me repost the comics cover of their newest hate-boner obsession.


Yep, that's a thing.
Enjoy.


I suffered to bring it to you.
When I Googled "Alexandria Ocasio Cortez Comic", I got a shitload of red-scare-mongering and racist political cartoons of her.
Which just added to my sense of "fuck 'em".


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels