Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Masters Of Horror! (Guillermo Del Toro)



Wow, he's only been around since the 90's.
That was a quick and illustrious rise.

Which gives me all the more optimism for the careers of Tom Six and The Soskas.

Anyway...


Cronos (1994)


See here.

Of the ones I've seen, this remains my favorite.


Mimic (1997)


About a giant killer cockroach that folds up into a fake human.

*Wavey hand* meh.


The Devil's Backbone (2001)


Seen clips on "The Top 100 Scariest Movie Moments".
Impressive.
I've really gotta see it.
I'm making a list of movies from these lists that I haven't seen, and I'm going to see every single one, and do a review update.
So, stay tuned.


Blade II (2002)


See here.

This was Del Toro?
Well, that explains the flower mouths, and the presence of Ron Perlman.


Hellboy (2004)


See here.


Pan's Labyrinth (2006)


A visual feast, hated the ending.
The ending was pro-delusion, IMHO.
I'm staunchly anti-delusion.


Diary Of The Dead (2007)


See here, and here.

Voice cameo.


Hellboy II: The Golden Army (2008)


See here.


Pacific Rim (2013)


See here, and here.


And then, there's this. ;-)




And, that was Del Toro.

Up next, Ridley Scott.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels