Sunday, June 28, 2009

So, let's recap.

Y'know, to boil down the positive nuggets out of my last few rambling diatribes, and to set up the transition into my next phase of material.

My core assertion thus far, and hammered home to bejeezus recently is, a lot of American life is bullshit, and through bullshit, we waste our potential.

I choose hope, and say we can do better.
And we start to do better by not countenancing bullshit.
But, I said that more succinctly way back in war on bullshit.

But, rant 7 also helped me hold up the perspective through which I rationally justify my acerbic humor about the human situation. ;)
I've been accused before of being cynical, or even "nihilist".
Bullshit.
A lot of things in life are just naturally risible.
That some make the mistake of holding those things I send up sacred is their problem, not mine.
And that I lack their values doesn't mean I have none.
Course, simple minds would see it that way.
Again, not my problem.
So, take your "nihilism", and blow it out your ass.

I've also been called "bitter".
Blow it out your ass.
I'm stubbornly optimistic about our future.
And personally, I'm a happy guy.

And one of the reasons for that, is my cosmic perspective.
When you see things from that vantage, all the fevered egos of this world are small, and cartoonish.
The assholes of the world totally can't get you down when you see it that way.
Never let assholes get you down.
Especially not with something as immaterial as their stupid bullshit.

And speaking of not letting assholes get you down, don't let people who let people get them down get you down.
Like I said in my existentialist rant, don't end up like Santi.
Yeah, the world can get you down, but if you react against the bad in the world, react against Santi too, and refuse to end up an angst-wanker like him.

In the end, it comes down to, you need to fight despair because you just HAVE to.
Just keep looking at the alternatives.

No matter how rough you think things are, look at the alternatives.

Like Richard Morgan.
Like Santi should piss you off against self-indulgent emo gloom, cases like his should piss you off against wallowing in delusional bullshit, make you draw a line in the sand, say "no more", and face life with renewed resolve.
The alternative, is the forces of bullshit gobbling up your mind.
The forces of bullshit want it all, including your mind, and your sanity.
Don't give it to them

You have to keep your head screwed on, because you HAVE to.
All the escape avenues have someone with a cage waiting.

But knowledge is the way to avoid them.
And it's the key out of the cage should you land in one.

Knowledge is liberty.

And like the fevered egos, political -isms are meaningless in that view.

For example, Libertarianism.
What's so peachy keen about trading your government masters for corporate masters?
Fuck masters.
Masters need to be made obsolete.
And technology and knowledge can do that.
The internet is the start.
That's what I showed in the fast forward rant.

But what I also think I showed in that, and have been trying to say all along, is all tyranny starts in the mind.
Inner and outer.

That's why the real final frontier is inner-space.
Through psychology, and philosophy.


And I think that's where my next phase of stuff is headed.

All these revolutions and evolutions need to be hammered out in the human mind.
Hurling lead around with gunpowder ain't gonna do shit.
It's our heads we need to sort out.

Inner space, my friends.

That's where the future is unlocked.


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels