Monday, August 28, 2023

...but the plague had other plans: Final.


Okay, now that covid is mostly in the rear-view,  let's go back through, and update these....





It wasn't. But some things changed, and (IMHO) for the better.
The further chapters fleshed all this out.



Got it; reviewed it. Eh. All right.


Part 4, Cinemagic closed!!

They weren't dead yet, but they were gonna be. And I called it that the rest of my 2020 was done.



I never formally checked up on this, but I can only assume comics are back.
Ghostbusters never came back to IDW, or had a formal wrapping up of its storyline.
How much covid affected this, I may never know.



Saw it, got it, I wasn't missing much.
Turns out 2020 wasn't gonna be super-great for superheroes anyway.



Well, yes, it was.
But not because of covid.
Warners changed hands for the squillionth time, and merged with Discovery, and the new bosses did the usual head-hunting routine, and Arrowverse died with a whimper show by show.

But, it was dying with a whimper anyway, due to slack-ass writing, and behind-the-camera drama.
The corporate bosses just sped up the process.
And not by much.
I didn't bother with the final season of Flash.
None of my friends have told me I missed anything.

I kinda went from loving it, to being glad to see the back of it.
Bummer.
At least I got "Crisis On Infinite Earths" out of it.
As far as I'm concerned, that's why the Arrowerse even existed.






Got "isolation marathon part 3" out of it.
So there was that!


It didn't. It should have.
See part 1 above.


Doesn't matter. Saw 'em all.
See parts 1, 3, and 6.


Doesn't matter.
See part 7.


Useless toothless gestures.


Doesn't matter, see 6 and 11.



Covid didn't directly cause this, but everyone being shut in allowed white people to catch up on all the racism they weren't letting themselves see, and then protests erupted, and Trump sent the SWAT cops in, which clued people in (even ones who were plugging their ears and humming) that he's a fascist, so there was this little window were all racism, even the dog whistle stuff, was getting an askance look, and corporations had to change their window dressing.
Anyhoo! I followed up on this in the munchies category, and.....

-Mrs. Buttersworth dodged the bullet by dragging their feet until the historical moment blew past.
Fuckers.


Bad idea. They still died. See part 4.


It didn't matter.
See 1, 10, and 11.


Still didn't matter.
See 6, 11, and 14.


He was right. See 4 and 16.


What can I say? I was Randall in "Clerks 2" level oblivious.


Didn't matter.
See 3 and 11.


Seen "The Flash" seen "The Batman" got "The Batman" on disk, gonna buy "The Flash" on disk tomorrow. The theater thing worked out. See part 1 for New Mutants.
It's all good now.


See part 8.


Why did I fucking care so much??!!?!?
I guess I was just deludedly hoping it would be as good as the first one.
Wish I could go back, and slap myself.


Yep, it finally stuck the landing here.
See 8 and 22.


See 4, 16, 19, and 21.
And in the nick of time for Afterlife, and "No Way Home".
NWH always had that holiday release date, so there was no bumping saga with that.

And, that's all that.



No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels