Sunday, July 24, 2022

Bullmoose/Birthday haul.

Hybrid of 2 hauls, cuz I dragged my feet, but...dragging my feet actually worked out, cuz now these get lumped together in a helpful way!


Bullmoose haul.
Grabbed these 7/14/22, Thursday before last!


The Batman (2022)


Remember last time I said "The Batman" was my Plan A that got fucked up?
Well, Plan A restored.
Nabbed the sucker.
Binged it back-to-back with "Joker".
Gorgeous.


The Last Unicorn (1982)


Old review here.

The older I get, the more I realize, I love this even more than "Heavy Metal".
Yeah, that's right, I said it.

The bonuses are excellent.
There's an "Enchanted Edition" that has even more, but I compared side to side, and I really didn't see too much of a difference.

Anyway, through the bonuses, I was made aware of a mini-sequel to the novel called "Two Hearts" that's in the short story anthology "The Line Between".
so, naturally, I had to grab that.


Amazon haul.
These arrived just yesterday.
A week early for my actual birthday, but eh, close enough.


The Line Between (2006)


Thank you, "Last Unicorn" Blu-ray!!!
This is that "lumped together in a helpful way" I mentioned up top.

I'll be reviewing this in my upcoming read-a-thon.
Stay tuned for that.


The Boys, seasons 1 & 2 (2019-2020)


Original review of season 1 here.

I'll be damned, Amazon puts their stuff on disk after all!
Just takes them a long-assed time.
Even longer than Netflix.

But, there, got it.

Old review, I said this was better than the Watchmen movie.
Yeah...but it's tied with the show.
Hmm...no, the show might be better by a dust mote.
Still, that this is up in that echelon means it's fucking great.


Star Trek: Lower Decks, season 2 (2021)


Original review here.

Paramount + is a little sluggish with their disk releases, but they're goddamned warp speed compared to Netflix and Amazon (see above).


Castlevania season 4 (2021).



Ayep, this is Netflix, so it took awhile.
Haven't sat down and watched it yet.


Calculator.


Just needed one.
It's just something you need.


Also, ordered a 2 pack of "Tron" and "Tron Legacy" but that hasn't arrived yet.




No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels