Saturday, June 20, 2020

...but the plague had other plans, Part 15.


And this one doubles as a "Munchies & Crunchies".

As I said here...

Yeah, that's connected to the BLM protests/riots, and IMHO, those were ignited by the virus.

So, yeah, evil cop/riot/protest stuff will be under the banner of the corona tag now.
My blog, my rules.


So, the corporations don't want to get Molotov cocktailed, so they're washing the racism off their logo-age.


Say goodbye to Aunt Jemima, Uncle Ben, Mrs. Butterworth, and the Cream Of Wheat guy.
Even if it's window dressing, it's a start, and it's about fucking time.

Quickie overview of why these products are racist.

The history of the Mammy stereotype.

Like I said on Facebook, having mascots on products not specifically for children is pretty weird and gross anyway, even if you poof the racism away.
But racist southerners have warped childlike minds, so I'm not surprised that they were marketed to this way.
And for so fucking long.

Nope, I'm on the "good riddance", side of it.
If you wanted to hear a rant about "political correctness", and/or "the death of our precious childhood memories", you came to the wrong fucking place.

I've got no sentimental attachment to this shit.
If you remember, I was all for Ronald McDonald and The Burger King getting sent to the guillotine.


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels