Saturday, September 12, 2020

There goes "there goes the neighborhood".

*Facepalm* what the fuck was I thinking?


I totally forgot that phrase had racial connotations.

Cringe!!! *Bangs head against wall*

That's what some fucking bigot says when black people move in to the suburbs.

I could swear I've seen movies and/or shows where the neighborhood is burning down, or getting blown up, and some wiseass comic-relief sidekick character snarks "there goes the neighborhood", cuz the neighborhood is literally blown up.

...course, I probably heard this in the 80's, and the 80's were chock full of as much dog-whistle racism as they were open homophobia.

Me and my naïve privilege.

So, I went through, and changed all the titles on those posts to "...but the plague had other plans".
That's better.
And more descriptive anyway.
Sorry about that folks.
How come no one said anything though?
WTF?
*Sigh* Whatever.
I'll own my own fuckup.


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels