Monday, December 17, 2012

Superheroes Two: Part 5.5, The Hulk (Part 2)


We're...all....stars now....in the Hulk show!

All right, let's do these.


Hulk (1966)


So, this happened....



Gamma rays...un-glamour-ays....awful....just fuckin' awful....*facepalm*

Then, 15 years later, Hulk guest starred on....


Spider-Man
And His Amazing Friends (1982)


And....this blew my mind, and made my fucking day as a kid.
Finally, animated Hulk!
As far as I knew then, there had never been such a thing.
And, I savored it, cuz, I thought that's all there was ever going to be.

But....this ended up paving the way for....


The Incredible Hulk (1982)


And, not only was I almost shit-my-pants-happy over this turn of events, but, this picked right up in time to take over for the Bixby/Ferrigno Hulk after it left the air.

It was weird though, how Banner's clothes magically re-appeared when he changed back...
Meh, I overlooked it...everything else was just great.

I think this was my favorite Hulk theme at the time too.



I hummed it during my action figure play, it just really worked for me.

Hmm, I dunno, I still have an affection for the Bixby/Ferrigno theme, but....this one sounds like the comic books should sound.
IMHO.

Then, reruns of Bixby/Ferrigno, and this, carried me up until 84-85 or so....then there was a dry patch, but I had other interests, like Transformers, to get me through.

Fast-forward up to the 90's and Hulk guest stars on....


Fantastic Four (1995)


...and I missed it.

And, he also popped up on....


Iron Man (1995)


....also missed it.

Meh, looks like Professor Hulk.
Hated that incarnation.

Then, FINALLY....


The Incredible Hulk (1996)


I would catch this early mornings before the commute to my Shop N' Slave job.

Lou Ferrigno was the voice of Hulk.
Fuck yeah.
Ferrigno Hulk finally talks!



It captures the flavor of the comics from the 80's onward better than anything ever has...but...that theme...meh, buncha nonsense.

'82 one nailed it music wise.

Then...a whole decade rolls by...and he suddenly pops up on...


Fantastic Four: 
World's Greatest Heroes (2006)


Missed it.

Another couple years, he pops up on.....


Wolverine And The X-Men (2008)


Hmm, Grey Hulk there....

Wonder if they re-enacted the bloody gory Todd McFarlane era fight they had....
Probably not...not for Saturday morning....
I can dream though....

A year after that, Hulk becomes a regular cast-member in....


Superhero Squad (2009)


This thing is goddamned weird....



...a little-kiddie looking...well, parody, really, BUT....it's got every character ever, so, the people that make it research their brains out, and really know their stuff.

I don't know what to make of it still...

Then, of course, "real", Hulk finally comes back in.....


The Avengers: 
Earth's mightiest Heroes (2010)


See here.

Aaand, most recently popped up on....


Ultimate Spider-Man (2012)


...bringing him full circle to his 1982 Spidey crossover.

That's it, he only really had the 3 shows of his own.
And the first one was rubbish.

Well, 4 shows counting the Bixby/Ferrigno live-action.

Spidey got more shows, dunno why...guess he's Stan's favorite, or something....

Okay, so, that lays the groundwork.....

Up next....oh...how about...Batman.


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels