Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Deadpool 3 set pics.



Run away now if you want to be spoiler pure!!

...although....if you've been coming to my blog long enough, you know I'm a bit spoiler-loose.

IMNSHO, I think certain plot information is a selling point to even want to see the goddamned movie.

I don't think Khan should have been a secret in "Star Trek Into Darkness".
I don't think Wonder Woman should have been a secret in "Batman v Superman" and they should have called the movie "Trinity".
So, if you're a regular reader, you probably know by now Wolverine is in Deadpool 3.
By my standard, that's the enticement to see the thing.
I bet Ryan Reynolds even calls it "Deadpool vs Wolverine".

SO!!! Set pics!!!






These aren't all of them, but they're my favorites.
Especially the third one that reveals they're fighting next to the collapsed ruins of the 20th Century Fox logo.
I'm sold. They've got me opening day.
That's fucking hilarious.
They're gonna meta-comment on the whole Fox acquisition.
The jokes are gonna go everywhere we want them to go.
This going to be good.
A classic even.

Oh, and of course, Wolvie has on his blue and yellow comic book costume.
Another brilliant touch.
Hugh Jackman retired from Wolverine because he was sick of bulking up.
Now, he can just relax and be all suit like Michael Keaton Batman.
Ryan Reynolds is a genius.
If it isn't directly his idea, he hired whomever did.

Now...*crosses fingers tight* come oooon, Fantastic Four!

 

7 comments:

B. D. said...

"Dial Of Destiny" is watchable but not particularly memorable. It has a sort of eye-openingly weird final act, but then blows it on a dopey sentimental scene afterwards. Probably a few too many chases. I'd probably rate it slightly higher than Crystal Skull but it doesn't really matter.

On another note, if they used CGI to de-age Antonio Banderas in this film they'd end up with Pedro Pascal.

Diacanu said...



I thought Indy went off into the sunset just fine with "Last Crusade".

Two part podcast on the rise and fall of Scott Adams.

https://player.fm/series/behind-the-bastards/part-one-how-the-dilbert-guy-lost-his-mind

https://player.fm/series/behind-the-bastards/part-two-how-the-dilbert-guy-lost-his-mind

B. D. said...

...oh, yeah, he did.

I have no stake in Scott Adams--screw the guy, but it's not like I ever read "Dilbert" to begin with!!!!

Diacanu said...



I tried to read it after Gary Larson retired, and Far Side went away.
It sucked.
It still sucks.
Adams recently made an NFT of Dilbert dropping an f-bomb in a strip.
Even with a cuss, it ain't funny.

A few neat things I learned from the podcast-

1. When you look at Adams's whole life, he was always whacko.
He was never a champion of the little guy; he was always going to end up a right-wing psycho. What little bit of anti-establishment sentiment was in the strips was all part of a long term cynical grift.

2. Adams lives in a house that looks like Dilbert's fucking head.
Like a super villain.

3. Adams marketed a Dilbert branded burrito that almost made people diarrhea to death.

4. The guy who drew Lil Abner was the Harvey Weinstein of the funny-pages.
That's a little separate side thing from the Scott Adams thing, but it came up.




B. D. said...

I can't say there's any comic strips that I still read, but it seems like a lot of comic strip creators have a case of the ick about them:

Garfield: Jim Davis has openly admitted that the whole reason he came up with this was money--he wanted a marketable character. I had, like, the first 25 compilations of this as a kid (partially because I liked having brightly color-coded things in my room), but I doubt any of it would still make me laugh today. Of course, some Internet stuff like "Garfielf" and "Garfield Minus Garfield" is good for a laugh.

Calvin & Hobbes: The great stuff from this--the stuff that evokes a funny parody of a kid's overactive imagination--is still great, but I'm now convinced that maybe half, or maybe more than half of it, is Bill Watterson whining about television and mass media, and the strip honestly seemed bizarrely mean-spirited, spiteful and hateful towards a lot of its characters. Furthermore, reading the "Lazy Sunday" book (I think it was) where Watterson commented on a number of his strips was a bit disheartening: he took a snarky tone towards almost all of it and seemed to hint that much of C&H (like Moe the school bully character, or the bit where Calvin screws up playing baseball) was based on his own childhood humiliations. It is true that Watterson was probably right to quit while he was ahead and to avoid being a merchandising whore like Jim Davis, but the more I read up on the guy or read his commentaries on C&H, the more I'm not surprised he's a recluse.

B. C.: Remember the guy who drew this occasionally got controversial about his religious beliefs and did that strip where the menorah turned into a cross with blood leaking out of it?

Uh, I guess that's only three examples to go with Dilbert. Again, I never paid attention to him.

Diacanu said...


Trailer for Castlevania: Nocturne.
All Richter, no Alucard.
So, my prediction, season 1, Rhondo, season 2, Symphony.

https://youtu.be/wYvJZ3Itw8A

B. D. said...

I would kill for the "Super Castlevania IV" ending theme to show up in one of these cartoons.

Blog Archive

Labels