Monday, July 27, 2020

Cats & chickens, Part 4: Clovis 2.


And, part two of today's two parter.
(Part 1)


Clovis is a violent little bugger.

June 15, 2020

*Looks at my mangled Frankenstein hands* damn, there's a lot of "I'll show you!", in Clovis.

And the addendum...

One good thing, when he finally tires himself out, he's highly susceptible to lullabies.


Doctor Clovis.

June 20, 2020

Clovis- Wait a minute....there's a kitten in your glasses. 
I'm going to have to remove him surgically before killing him. 
Hold REALLY still.....


Clovis-proofing myself.

June 21, 2020

I don't mind a scratch here and there, but Clovis is starting to hamburger-ize me. 
So, I've had to come up with tricks. 
I wear my winter shoveling gloves when I play with him. 
I put blankets on my feet when I lay on the bed so he doesn't chew my toes. 
And I put an afghan on my legs like a grandma when I'm at my computer desk so he doesn't cut my femoral artery climbing into my lap. 
That's cut the damage down quite nicely. 
I'm not mad at him. He just parties too hard. 
I know what it's like to be that guy. 
Totally sympathetic.


Clovis kills a moth.

June 21, 2020

Clovis is such a baby, he doesn't know what dead is. 
He just got done knocking down my speakers, and mouse and a bunch of other shit hunting a moth. He finally bit it, and mortally wounded it, sending it floating dying to the floor. 
He didn't grasp that he killed it, and he's still looking for it in the spots where it used to go when it was alive.  
He's just not processing it. 
Poor dumb little baby.


Clovis week 2.

June 22, 2020

Well, tomorrow will be week 2 we've had Clovis already. 
And already, he's grown big enough, he can't fit into the nook on top of the couch and under the windowsill (where he nestled in on day 1) anymore.


Clovis and the cellar.

June 27, 2020

Every day, I can see Clovis getting bigger. 
Wish he'd hurry up though. 
When he's big enough, I'll let him down cellar. 
That's kitty Disneyworld. 
He can burn off his steam down there. 
But....I'm scared of him falling into and drowning in the sump-pump holes. 
If he can grow another 4-6 inches or so, he'll be too big to plop into those.


Week 3!!

June 30, 2020

There, it's Tuesday, and that means it's been three weeks with Clovis, and that means we didn't get 'rona from his past owners.


Week 4, and Clovis and the cellar 2.

July 6, 2020

Clovis is growing fast enough, I showed him the cellar. 
He fucking loved it. 
From a kitty's point of view, it's a whole other house down there. 
Even though for humans, it's just storage for junk, and dad's workshop. 
He can run up and down the stairs, so there's no worry there. 
BUT, it seems like I have to be there with him. 
I went down there with him the first time to supervise, to make sure he didn't find something to hurt himself with. 
Everything went smooth, so I trust him to go alone. 
BUT, he won't go down there without me. 
He stops at the bottom step, and comes right back up. 
Plus, he doesn't seem bright enough yet to work the pet door on the cellar door. 
If I hold it open for him, he goes through, and I poked him through both directions, so he knows it goes both ways. 
But...he doesn't seem to know he can open it himself. 
Learning curve ahead, I guess.

And the addendum...

Also, the pet door has a magnet that pulls it closed so it doesn't swing forever. 
You have to give it a pretty hard whack to break the seal. 
He's still kinda tiny. 
I think Clovis has to get heavier to knock that sucker good enough anyway. 
Give it another month or so.


Clovis and the file cabinets.

July 11, 2020

*Clovis jumps up on my knee, jumps up on my desk, hops over to the little file cabinet I use as an elbow rest, and a lunch table, then to the pile of blankets on the wooden trunk, then the second biggest file cabinet, then the biggest file cabinet, then from the biggest file cabinet, to my shoulder, then back to the computer desk and to the floor* 
Me- Oh...great...you've learned how to do that now...*doomed sigh*


Blonde Tarantula.

July 12, 2020

Fave nicknames for Clovis so far- "Tasmanian Devil", and "blonde Tarantula".


Squirt bottle.

July 13, 2020

Finally got a squirt bottle to correct Clovis. 
He seems to know what it is, and he scurries off when I so much as reach for it. 
Well, that was easy.


Clovis's first puke.

July 14, 2020

Clovis had his first puke. 
He filled up on crunchies, then dad gave him a Sheba dinner (dumbass!), then he (Clovis, not dad) caught and ate a moth. 
That moth was like Mister Creasote's mint.



Shots/Buff Tabby.

July 16, 2020

Clovis had his shots. 
Vet says he's a Buff Tabby. 
Googled Buff Tabbies, and holy shit, all the kittens look like Clovis clones. 
Same wide head, same blue eyes. 
And he's gonna grow up into a big fat Garfield.


Kitties keeping me awake, past and future.

July 23, 2013

So fucking tired...so fucking tired...cats won't let me sleep...little bastards...ohhhhh....

And the update...

And now I miss 'em. 
Clovis helps heal the hole in the heart, but I'm greedy, I want all three of 'em.

And the addendum...

I dunno how Wembley & Digby would have accepted Clovis, but Clovis would have loved them. And he likely would have expressed that love as bites, kicks, and headlocks. 🙂


And that's today's all done!


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels