Sunday, May 13, 2018

RIP Margot Kidder.

Future-me from 5/7/24 finally getting around to this one.




Like I said in the Carrie Fisher one...

Weird that both of my boyhood sci-fi crushes (the other being Margot Kidder) had substance and mental illness problems, and are both gone.

At least Carrie had her novel and screenwriting career, and voice acting on Family Guy, and all of that.
Margot kinda vanished.
"Superman" "Amityville" "Some Kind Of hero" "Trenchcoat" and....then big gaps after that.
She was one of the Gaias on "Captain Planet".
She was a cameo character on "Smallville".
Just little things here and there.

She was missed. She was one of those "whatever happened to_____?" people.
You wanted her back.

Now I all the way miss her.

Gawd, who's left of that generation of sci-fi ladies?
Yep, still them.
But Carrie and Margot were the biggies.
Both at the box-office, and in my little boy heart.

Sigh.


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels