last year we'd gotten as far as that episode 7 was going to exist, and it had been casted.
- They wrapped filming last November.
- The title is "The Force Awakens".
- The title for the first standalone is "Rogue One".
- "Rogue One", fits between episodes III and IV,
- "Rogue One", is the long rumored Death Star plans heist.
- The standalones will be called "Anthology".
- One assumes the anthology series will have different logos from the main saga.
- The teaser for "The Force Awakens", came out.
- The longer TFA trailer came out in April, and made everyone have goosebumps and cry.
That's the big stuff, now for leftover tidbits from the all-purpose SF thread.
- "Rogue One", will come out Dec. 16, 2016.
- Episode 8 will come out on May 26, 2017.
- There was a rumor Disney would put the unaltered original trilogy on Blu-Ray, now it's not clear.
- Alexandre Desplat is going to score "Rogue One".
- TFA trailer will be before "Avengers: Age Of Ultron".
- TFA promo art leaked. (still no official poster)
- Finer details on "Rogue One". (nothing too much more illuminating)
By next year, "The Force Awakens", will have long ago come out, I'll have reviewed it, and maybe it'll be on DVD.
And of course, we'll be heading towards "Rogue One".
So, from here on out, there'll always be a Star Wars movie, there'll always be new news, and I'll always have a fresh poster to use on Star Wars day, so I never ever have to use the fuckin' prequels. :D