Monday, May 28, 2012

Happy (???) Memorial Day.



Well....I've kinda roped myself into doing all of these...but this one is always a bit of a fuddle for me.

See, I've soured on patriotism, I've "had issues", with our wars since this country became a superpower, so, pretty much all the ones in my lifetime, I think that war has been a cold-blooded corporate racket for a good goddamn long time, I don't believe in an afterlife, and I don't think anyone else should, I have no sentimentality at all for the comfort that idea brings people, I think cemeteries are an obsolete idea, and that dead people should be carved up for organs, donor card or no, and everything else fed to forest animals to keep the chemical elements in the cycle of nature, or else, used for science, and then fed to the critters, and only in extreme special cases cremated.

So, naturally, I'm an unpopular fella when this one rolls around.
I call it "awkwardness day".

But, if this day means something to you, hey, have a good one (?).


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels